• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any]
    so you wanna play with magic?
    Ah yes, the carnival of misfits that is Beqanna. We've got quite the freak show here, don't we? It seems like nowadays every horse is boasting something special, or at least hiding something special carefully concealed under a trenchcoat. Scorch and Texas both are – she conceals twilight manipulation behind a flashy skin, and he is immortal. And they are just two of many, little segments of this glorious gallery.

And what is Camrynn in all of this? She's no freak, and she's certainly not normal. She is the ringmaster, the keeper of the zoo, the one who gets to make all the rules and then break them. She doesn't dance to a different drummer, she is the drummer, and her tune is ever changing. But you better keep dancing – she won't ever let you stop.

Tucked away within the sands of the Deserts, Camrynn peruses the field. It is one of the (many) advantages of magic, this ability to cast her vision wherever she wishes it to go. Although really, when you can blink your eyes and appear wherever you want, what does it really matter?

She watches the same assortment of horses that Astri sees, the menagerie in full, moving as one uncoordinated surging mass. But what interests her most is not them; it's the green girl standing apart from all of them, watching the spectacle with a remarkable degree of self-containment and self-awareness. If it were a story, this girl would almost be breaking the fourth wall.

In an instant she appears along the treeline. She never travels anywhere by foot if she can help it, choosing to appear either right next to her intended target, or as here, far enough away that she can approach without immediately revealing her certain talents. In this case, she has an ulterior motive: she knows that Scorch will arrive, and she doesn't wish to open that particular can of worms and wider than it already needs to be.

While she watches, the scene unfolds exactly as it had in her mind. Texas approaches the girl first, and then Scorch comes, lingering in the shadows like Camrynn herself does, waiting for recruiting sisters that will never come. Once both have said their piece, Camrynn moves from her shaded position. She is a beautiful thing, deeply black, her coat shining with health. She is delicately built, well muscled but undeniably elegant. Her mane and her tail are both free of tangles, her tail long enough to almost sweep the ground. She is entirely unmarked save for three distinctive elements. The first is a large gold crook and flail, blazoned proudly across her chest. The second is her eyes, which tend to change color. Right now, they're a green that harmonizes well with Astri's but does not copy it. And finally, across her left cheek there is a trail of small gemstones, diamonds and emeralds and rubies. It drapes like a beautiful necklace, catching the fading summer light in a beautiful way. Beautiful – everything about her is beautiful, and she will allow it no other way.

She approaches the group without hesitation. She may have history with Scorch, but the dragon mare can't touch her. Camrynn is immune to most everything, from everyone, save perhaps the most ancient of magicians. As she approaches, her elegant lips curl into a delicate, friendly smile. "Room for one more?" she asks the green girl with a wry grin. Her voice is almost impossibly pleasant, like settling into a warm bed, or curling up beneath a heated blanket in the middle of winter. It is the opposite of Scorch's voice: polished, feminine, and never brusque.

She settles in with the others easily enough, her eyes tracking over each of them, her gaze analytic but not unkind, her smile never wavering. "I'm Camrynn, Queen of the Deserts." she says offhand, as though commenting on the weather. She takes a surprising amount of pride in her title, but she doubts that flaunting it brazenly in front of this girl would win her interest. "Texas." she greets the old stallion with a glance, her voice neutral. "Scorch." she greets with the same tone, both her magical and lay senses keen to see how her former mother would react,

Her gaze returns to Astri. "You have lovely eyes. I'll bet your name is just as lovely."

The fact that she could pull that name out of the girl's head is entirely irrelevant. What matters is that she didn't.
    CAMRYNN
    co-queen of the deserts, magical, mother of badassery

Messages In This Thread
    Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Astri - 04-14-2015, 03:16 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Texas - 04-15-2015, 07:12 AM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Scorch - 04-15-2015, 06:49 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Camrynn - 04-15-2015, 10:53 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Astri - 04-21-2015, 06:09 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Shaytan - 04-24-2015, 11:15 AM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Texas - 04-28-2015, 08:43 AM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Scorch - 04-28-2015, 05:36 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Camrynn - 04-29-2015, 08:44 PM