• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any]

I call her the devil
    cause she makes me wanna sin

Well aren’t they all just the perfect little spokesponies? Shaytan sticks out like a sore thumb with her too-wide smile and too-bright eyes, sudden starts and awkward pauses. She lingers, unwanted and practically unheard. But my god, is she persistent.

She wants to make Straia proud.
    Proud enough to smile on her again. Pround enough to touch her on the shoulder encouragingly.
    The other Queen is dismissive and haughty and pays little (big) Shaytan no mind. She is not her Queen, she is not her pretty spotted thing. The womans-Queen is nothing to her.

Shaytan is more like Texas, theoretically speaking. Her home is not magical, and they don’t have to take oaths. It’s actually a bit of a ruin in the midst of resuscitation, which she chooses to gloss over. “The Chamber doesn’t require oaths either. We’re like… two families rolled into one. Our Queen and her family and me and my… brother.” Only her side is super dysfunctional and the other side seems to flow rather smoothly. “We don’t have any fancy tricks, but hey, who actually needs that shit?” Shaytan laughs as if the notion of magic and traits and all those fancy things were merely bribes for the rest of the world to try and lure others in to their kingdoms.

For reals, yo. The Chamberlings (what a quaint name, by the way) were not swayed by the promise of traits or the healing waters or anything like that.  

Then again, they were also few in number. So… maybe that shit worked after all. What did she care? And as an afterthought - “Oh, and we have lots of trees. Not just one.” She’s acting like a child, and even sticks her tongue out at the black mare. Just a little.

Shaytan

and every time she knocks
    I can't help but let her in

Messages In This Thread
    Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Astri - 04-14-2015, 03:16 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Texas - 04-15-2015, 07:12 AM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Scorch - 04-15-2015, 06:49 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Camrynn - 04-15-2015, 10:53 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Astri - 04-21-2015, 06:09 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Shaytan - 04-24-2015, 11:15 AM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Texas - 04-28-2015, 08:43 AM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Scorch - 04-28-2015, 05:36 PM