• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

a little bit skeptic - - Shivani
    Her ears flick once in surprise at the gesture extended towards her, though nonetheless she reaches out her own neck to touch muzzles. The world was certainly full of surprises today. She feels her boundaries relax a little inwardly, though this in no way shows externally. "Likewise." She replies politely, a smile crossing her lips. He certainly is not what she had expected, a lot quieter than Father and certainly less... commanding than Hafaliel, her former leader back in her homeland. Those two men had been the only stallions she had ever interacted with, and this Phaedrus is not very alike to either of them. She meets his eyes a little more confidently now that they are slightly more familiar.

She pauses for a moment, taking in all of these new words. She understands the basic meaning, of course, but she realizes quickly that the meaning to her has a deeper meaning for Phaedrus. A kingdom is bigger than a herd, that is obvious, which is made clearer by the fact that he says he is a warrior of the Dale but a lead stallion of a herd. 'In the Dale' most likely implies that there is more than one kingdom in this land, supported by the need for warriors, but that conclusion is not certain. As she attempts to work out the puzzle, her eyes move from his wings, of which she is still curious, to his face, which appears open and honest. She appreciates that he is offering her a choice, of which Hafaliel knew nothing. He is pleasant, certainly. There is certainly a possibility of falsehood in his words, but she can detect none. She does not like to trust instinct, but when it agrees to logic, it can be a factor, and instinct as well tells her Phaedrus means to do her no harm. She lifts her head to reply, these mysteries and more still turning wheels in her head. "Both sound appealing, though I should inform you I would only endanger myself or others if I were to take a position as a warrior like yourself. The option of joining both kingdom and herd seems to be the ideal choice, as not devoting entirely to one path will give me a more open-ended future," She decides, partially voicing her rationalizations on the topic. She nods her head once and gives him a genuine smile in thanks.

Messages In This Thread
    a little bit skeptic - - Shivani - by Shivani - 03-24-2016, 09:53 PM
    RE: a little bit skeptic - - Shivani - by Shivani - 03-24-2016, 10:56 PM
    RE: a little bit skeptic - - Shivani - by Shivani - 03-26-2016, 09:04 PM