• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

waiting for me to fail, that ship will never sail; offspring, any
    when you fall I'll be the only one who looks away;
    when you call I'll be the first to tell you I can't stay.

He watched with invested interest as the winged male began to manipulated the individual bones of the dead, decomposing creature beside him. There was something inexplicably morbid about it, and yet in the back of his mind, he found himself thinking of the many useful ways such a powerful gift could be used. He was not a man of violence - he preferred conversation to outright confrontation, but his marred pelt of puckered pink scars against their obsidian backdrop told a tale that would take an entire lifetime to tell. He had fought, and he had won - and he had lost. Though he now possessed prowess and control over ice, it would be a short lived fragment of his genetic make-up - it would fade away and melt with the summer sun, when his reign ended and he descended into the shadows.

Such could not be said for the bone-bending stallion before him. It was likely a gift that had been bestowed upon him at birth, and with practice and diligence, he had mastered it. While it was remarkable and intriguing to see him so easily manipulate the thick, drying bones of another creature, there was a deeper, darker part of him, too, that wondered how it might affect the living.

In the event of another blazing, catastrophic war, such a skill would be needed in the defense of their homeland, of their men - women - children. His searing red eyes peer again into those warm, honeyed eyes of the individual before him, studying him for a long moment though the stoicism had waned. A faint smirk pulled at the corner of his whiskered lips as the snow leopard shifted again forward; a representation of how he had managed to hone in his skills expertly.

"Interesting," He muses softly at the conclusion of his explanation. Big bones, little bones - and yet Offspring, in all of his observational glory - had failed to noticed the bay boy practicing with the varied dead that inevitably suffered at the hand of the harsh, cold forces of their flatland. "and it would be curious to find if that is indeed true. Though I appreciate your reluctance to openly attempt it without provocation." He finishes with a low chuckle that reverberates in the depths of his chest as his ears flick and twist at the top of his massive skull.

"Very good, Brison - the Kingdom, and I, accept. It is good to see you join us; the Brotherhood is in need of men and with qualities like your own -" (winged, bone-bending and lacking the sociopathic tendencies that could inevitably come with such a skill) "- this is welcome news. We are in need in areas of diplomacy and military but admittedly with your attributes, the military has the most need. But first - you must be aware that you must first enter the caves to enter this Brotherhood. In it lives your deepest fears and innermost demons - only the strongest of mind, wit and virtue emerge unscathed. Is this a venture you would be willing to take on?"

the ice king of the tundra
    OFFSPRING

Messages In This Thread
    RE: waiting for me to fail, that ship will never sail; offspring, any - by Offspring - 04-05-2016, 05:35 PM