• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Oh, What Fickle Flame... [Smother, Any]

somebody make me feel alive

The laughter that rumbles from his chest brings her smile full force to her lips. It lights up her face and coaxes forth a small chuckle of her own. For all the scars and flame, Tiberios looks good. There is an edge to him that never used to be there and more cynicism, but he wears it all with a haughty pride. She has always admired that about him. Even when he was at his lowest he still managed to fight back yelling Is that all you’ve got? When he steps towards her she can’t help lowering her watery armor and stepping up, brushing his nose lightly with hers before sliding forward wrapping her neck over the top of his, keeping the armor up over her chest where is chain would brush her skin. She feels the water boil and relishes the heat against her skin. With concentration she manages to replace it with cool water so the contact doesn’t cause permanent damage. She holds the embrace fiercely before taking a step back and dropping her armor altogether. She hadn’t practiced that control in some time and it had drained her fighting against his flames, but oh it was worth it. The brief contact brought everything she had tried to smother in her heart to the surface. No matter what happened between them he would always have all of her love.

She smiles sheepishly when he brings up her queenship. It still didn’t feel real but she was trying her best. “The rumors are true, Natilyn left and there was a hole that needed to be filled.” Shatter shrugs her shoulders. The crown meant little compared to the wellbeing of the kingdom. It was simply a means to an end. “I took over the year after Tyrna was born, we had a drought and the waterfall dried up. That was when things all started to fall apart but we managed.” She watches him carefully still afraid he will disappear. His last statement catches her off guard and she has to swallow down the rise of emotion it causes. “I’ve missed you too.” She is still unsure of where they stand exactly but she knows without doubt there will never be anyone else for her. “Things haven’t been the same without you around.” She smiles sheepishly once more before growing somber and gesturing to the new scars along his side. “What happened to you?”

Shatter Me

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Oh, What Fickle Flame... [Smother, Any] - by Shatter Me - 04-23-2015, 05:20 PM