• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

DESOLATION COMES UPON THE SKY - ea only

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

Ea’s surprise at the revelation of her importance in the scheme of things may be the most emotion she’s shown throughout her entire six months. Well, that’s not true. A bee stung her once, and Scorch couldn’t help but chuckle at the tantrum which consequently was thrown. Alas, the antics of children – even precocious ones – would never be quite understood by the fiery woman, not even after having been a child herself once. Only Crito ever got to see that side of her though. Too bad Ea does not have a twin; Scorch could not have withstood another one of this dear child.

“The Dale because it is malleable; it will be what you make of it. And I have not met Dalten; he is a relatively quiet child, hiding away from society. But I think he’s a boy who’s well-bred and who could prosper in the Dale. So he’s going with you.”

A smirk colours Scorch’s expression at the wary look Ea gives after being blinded not once, but twice. The little silverling really is quite a little dolly, if you managed to get past the snotty tone which occupies her voice from time to time. If there’s one thing Scorch will give her, it’s that she’s a goddamned princess through and through.

“You don’t want to go to the Dale inexperienced. You have a possibility, not a guarantee. So I suggest sparring with some of the other Jungle children, Dalten even. I won’t train you against your will, but don’t whine to me when they criticize you for not knowing how to throw a punch.” Scorch gives Ea a solid glare with the end of that one, but she’s really not Echion. She isn’t always a bitch. Lightening her expression, Scorch offers a final piece of advice:

“When the light and dark mix, such as a cloudy day, in light cover, or at twilight, concentrate on either the light or the dark. Use your mind to draw it in. It will take practice, and it will come slowly at first, but like your eyes, you were born with it. It will come more easily to you than it did to myself.”

Stepping forwards, Scorch leaves Ea to wonder why Scorch had not been born with twilight manipulation (in fact, Scorch had been born with nothing at all). Lipping the filly’s forelock appreciatively, Scorch nickers quietly, deep in her throat. For a split second, the image is almost picturesque, a mother-daughter bonding moment. Alas, such moments do not bode well with Scorch. She steps back.

“Practice plenty, and see to a mock with another child. Tiphon is coming to collect you and Dalten soon. For now, I have other business to attend to.” Dipping her head, the Khaleesi turns and departs, on to yet another task.

Scorch

Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

[Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: DESOLATION COMES UPON THE SKY - ea only - by Scorch - 06-05-2015, 10:12 PM