• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

(Any) "Some of my best friends never say a word to me".

This day had turned out to be interesting, The sun shone brightly above them and the air was a mixture of smells. The rich earthy grasses, the slurry of different kingdom scents, all drifted together swirling and mixing to form the unique but always shifting scent of the field. Today was no exception, and he found he missed the ashy pine-filled air of Chamber. He had been everywhere else but home recently and he was eager to return. Around him the conversations of others drifted to him in short snippets, he always listened for anything he should be aware of as one of Chamber's diplomats. Today it was just normal recruitment talk, nothing of concern so he allowed his attention to return to the Chocolatey mare.

He had forgotten how confusing Beqanna could be for a new comer as many lands didn't have kingdoms and herds and all the other oddities that make it a place he had learned to enjoy. He nodded to her questions about the organization of herd life and kingdom life and took the time to explain in further detail. Her last question made him stop and ponder. He wasn't sure he knew enough of her to make that decision. Iona seemed kind, the type that might have her heart on her sleeve, and he wondered if Chamber might chew her up and spit her out, or if she had a tough backbone that could handle Chamber's rough edges. Iona, that's a good question, I'm not sure I can answer that yet, and ultimately it will be your decision. Can you tell me a little more about yourself? What things do you value? Can you handle tough love? or do you prefer a softer way of things? I do not wish to pry, only want to see you in the right place."

He watched her closely, he needed to know if she was being honest with herself and with him. Nothing good would come from a recruitment that was all set up on false pretenses. He flicked his eyes over her, took in her body language, watched for any change, looked for any sign that she was untrue. He didn't expect it, but it was always cautious with the new ones... he knew what he had done when new. The blood bay's steel eyes took their time and ended back at her own dark pools. he took in her words and decided to ask a final question of her, "Are you a warrior, or a peacekeeper at heart?"

Nymphetamine

cold was my soul, untold was the pain I faced when you left me: a rose in the rain

ooc: sorry for the wait! I had grad school and was swamped wit hfinished the projects for the course. whomp whomp
    [Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: (Any) "Some of my best friends never say a word to me". - by Nymphetamine - 04-22-2016, 07:40 AM