• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

His spots are the joy of the leopard (Heartfire, Ephrelle)

Show them the joy and the pain and the ending

Her father is a vastly different man than the once-green colt’s is. He is a kind man, a man with an innate goodness that Heartfire cannot help but admire (even if she would never say so). The advice he has given her is no doubt far different from any advice Wyrm may have received from his father. But the two of youth are quite similar in one thing: their penchant for ignoring their parent's advice.

Certainly were the small roan sabino girl a more obedient daughter, she would not be here playing with Wyrm’s sight.

In short order, they are moving briskly across the hard packed red sand of the Deserts outer lands. Heartfire moves at a steady clip, forcing her companion to either keep up or fall behind if he couldn't.

She doesn't for a minute believe he would fall behind.

She has never before had anyone she could objectively practice her talents on. At least, none that could speak back (her brother didn't count - she's been showing him everything she has seen since the moment they were born). Wyrm's perspective on the use and feel of her intrusion is endlessly fascinating, so when he recounts his experience, she tips her head as she gazes at him with boldly curious blue eyes.

His question gives her pause. Glancing into the distant horizon, she shakes her head briefly. ”I can see what others are seeing, or have seen,” she says, her voice frank, matter of fact. ”Obviously I can control what they see too.” She doesn't mention it is only sight she controls. She cannot hear, or read minds or memories. No use in giving away all her secrets. Not without a little something in return.

Before long, the have reached their destination. At first glance, it simply looks like another bare, flat expanse. But several hundred yards ahead of them is a shallow ravine. Heartfire shows no hesitation as she steps forward, leaping easily, comfortably, as though she's done it a hundred times before (because she has), into the wide trench. As she turns around, there, in the ravine wall, is a massive, bleached fossil left exposed to the elements.

Wth a grin on her dark lips, she turns to glance at Wyrm. That grin turns rather mischievous as she once again delves into his vision, erasing herself entirely from his sight.

Heartfire

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

Messages In This Thread
    RE: His spots are the joy of the leopard (Heartfire, Ephrelle) - by Heartfire - 05-20-2016, 04:50 PM