• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

His spots are the joy of the leopard (Heartfire, Ephrelle)

Show them the joy and the pain and the ending

It is truly unfortunate that her visions affect only eyes and not the other senses. It is a limitation that she had not actually considered before now, but one that frustrates her all the same. Especially as her beast, crafted by only air and dust, stares down one made of true flesh and blood.

In a fashion so very her she had not considered the consequences of her actions prior to playing her small prank.

Her furious musings are disrupted however, when a voice sounds nearby. She had been so focused upon her creation (and consequently upon Wyrm) that she had not noticed the odd duo approaching. She recognizes the young stallion and the cat, not from actual acquaintance but from sight. Certainly she has seen them around the Desert enough through various pairs of eyes, including her own.

What intrigues her is not the presence of cat and horse, but of the caracal’s observation. The stallion at least, it seems, is familiar with the beast she had crafted from long dead memories. Before she can get a response out either way however, Wyrm lets loose a bellow that could well shake the clouds from the sky had there been any.

Flinching backwards, Heartfire presses her ears to her skull in exasperated agitation as her eyes turn to glare at the massive beast facing off with her own. In a fit of pique, she directs her own (sadly insubstantial, even if it does not appear so) beast to shake its self roughly, head stretching forward as it lowers itself in a crouch as though prepared to launch itself at its opponent.

She wonders then what Wyrm will do. Will he accept the challenge?

Either way, she does not want to be in the middle of that scuffle. Leaping from the crevice, she trots over to the black and silver stallion and settles comfortably next to him, as though they have known each other for ages.

”Qatar, is it?” she says, looking at him with curiosity in her gaze. ”I’m Heartfire. And that monstrosity is Wyrm.” Leaning closer, her gaze turns rather wicked as she whispers in a more confidential tone (though no doubt still clearly audible to the once green colt) ”Think I can get them to fight?”

Heartfire

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

Messages In This Thread
    RE: His spots are the joy of the leopard (Heartfire, Ephrelle) - by Heartfire - 06-04-2016, 03:10 PM