• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

have you got colour in your cheeks? - anyone

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

The sudden impact atartles me, and though I do jump away, I am not pushed. The colt is much too small to have moved me, I realize as I turn to face him, lowering my pale face to better see him., He’s half-grown, lanky and thin in a way that I have never been. He’s apologizing for running into me and I am not one to take offense, so I am already shaking my head with an: “It’s fine, really.” when I see that he’s looking at my horns.

He seems amazed in a way that I’ve only ever seen horses new to Beqanna seem, and I wonder if perhaps he has led a sheltered life.

“They’re horns,” I tell him, lowering my head more so that the spiraling keratin horns are easier for him to see. “I got them for joining the Deserts Army.”

After a while, long enough for him to have seen them but not long enough that I get a crick in my neck from the awkward position, I raise my head. “I’m Kreios, by the way. What’s your name?” The sound of small hooves pulls my attention from the grullo colt, and I turn to see another young colt, this one looking just as interestedly at my horns as Finner had. I am strangely glad that it is my horns they find intriguing, and not my failures. They do not know them, of course, but it is enjoyable nonetheless.

“Yes, there are two, but they’re still horns.” I reply, nodding as I look farther back at the approaching mare that must be his mother. Together they smell strongly of the Dale, and I feel a momentary pang of sadness. “Hello Talulah. I’m Kreios.” I know the answer to the question that I am about to ask, at least for the mother and son, but Finner I am not so sure about. “Where are you all coming from today?”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: have you got colour in your cheeks? - anyone - by Kreios - 04-29-2015, 11:14 AM