• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i struggled to find any truth in your lies - EVERYONE
    when my time comes around
    lay me gently in the cold dark earth

Though he had wanted to wait, there is only so much time. Rigdon and Ianto’s son do not appear, but Nihlus does, and the grey-eyed stallion turns to him as the final vote. He has something to say about Scorch, and while Errant is not entirely sure that the colt’s estimation of the Amazons is entirely accurate, he is right on a few things.

“Of course; Simeon is as welcome as any stallion to prove himself here. But there will be no handing out of ranks that are not deserved.” Errant had never meant that the roan stallion was unwelcome, and he glances over at the younger male to be sure that he had not interpreted anything the same way that Nihlus had. The colt then castes the final vote, and Errant nods sharply. “Thank you, Nihlus.” he says before turning to address the entirety of the gathered brothers.

“Thank you for your trust in me,” he begins, “I will do my best to show that I am worthy of it.” And he will. This time he will be even better than before. “My first act as king is to banish Mountain from the Tundra. He’s endangered our kingdom and for that he is no longer welcome.” They all agree, he knows, even if they might bicker on how to deal with him.

“When and if he returns from the Jungle, the first Brother to come across him is charged with informing him of his banishment. If he objects, bring him to me.” Errant wants to leave it at that, to let fairness triumph. But he knows that with madness in the equation there is not always a guarantee of equality. “If you have to subdue him and he is injured…” Errant pauses, and sighs, and hopes that they are not too eager for murder, but is aware that he cannot stay them, “That is understandable.”

That, at least, is out of the way. They need still to decide what their relations with the rest of Beqanna will be, but for now, Errant decides, this is enough.

e r r a n t

no grave can hold my body down
    i'll crawl home to her

[Image: leaanderrant_zpsqa4goyjv.gif]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i struggled to find any truth in your lies - EVERYONE - by Errant - 04-23-2015, 05:02 PM