• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Beaches, boats, sailing, togetherness; Neverwas

Bonfires, poetry, and livin' life right and there's
    Beaches, boats, sailing, togetherness
    The feelin' like you're smilin' even brighter when the weather's shit

After being accepted begrudgingly into the Jungle by Queen Lagertha, things settle down for little Kagerus and I. Milk for the babe was easily retrieved in a number of fashions - magicians, generous mothers, and the like - yet she weaned herself of it with a knowing speed. Even at her young, delicate age, my daughter understood the burden she was to the Jungle as only a hungry mouth to feed; now, the girl feasts on the rich Jungle grass, despite what I try to tell her on the matter. You are far too young to be without milk, Kagerus. I would say. But I am not dead yet, am I? And so, she got her way.

The rest of our time in the Amazon has been free of tribulation. Kagerus is constantly entertained by the chaos of the kingdom, fascinated with the wildlife and absolutely stricken to the heart with love for the Jungle. My Jungle; Kagerou’s Jungle. I smile every day knowing that the girl blooms in the bosom of a land so very sacred to everyone before her; and perhaps, one day, it shall be a land she too shall rule.

Idle thoughts, old man. Back to the present.

Kagerus, who has me wrapped around her finger, walks cautiously by my side as we enter the playground she had politically cornered me into taking her to. Pa, she said, how am I going to turn into anything of a woman if I can’t even be a kid? And how am I going to be a kid if I don’t know how kids are supposed to be? And so, once again, the little bay gets her way.

“Alright, Kagerus, this is the playground.” I intone helpfully. “You can leave my side now, but stay in my sight, love.” Her bright nutmeg eyes flash up at me, and I cannot hold back a smile. Nudging her sinewy little behind affectionately, I send her off, settling into the shadow of an oak tree to watch and guard over my precious bundle.

With a secret smile, Kagerus wades into the middle of the playground, nosing at a stalk of grass in pretense of being unaware of her surroundings. I, of course, see through this sham; the girl’s nutmeg eyes dart around, hungry for attention, and ready for anything.

Ah, darling girl...

Kavi ☼ Kagerus

So essentially, I’ll change perspective to Kagerus next post… or I won’t, and I’ll continue writing her from Kavi’s perspective. Which will be weird but totally awesome? We will see.

Messages In This Thread
    Beaches, boats, sailing, togetherness; Neverwas - by Kavi - 04-21-2016, 06:16 PM