• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Beaches, boats, sailing, togetherness; Neverwas

Bonfires, poetry, and livin' life right and there's
    Beaches, boats, sailing, togetherness
    The feelin' like you're smilin' even brighter when the weather's shit

I am not completely unaware of the colt who stands in the shade not far off, sneakily eyeing me in his particular way. I had taken stock of him upon entering the playground, though I hadn’t the chance to lend him a smile yet; Kagerus is quite the child, and she is my responsibility - she is mine to dote upon, and that activity takes a certain amount of attention, to say the least.

Amber eyes, like glasses of brandy with the sun filtering through them just so, flicker to the colt as he now approaches. My ears remain attached to the whereabouts of my girl. Curiosity welling in my broad Arabian chest, I emit a soft whicker - it’s not really all that often that the children approach the parents, at least, not in a land made specifically for infant interaction.

It would seem that this young stag has more on his mind than playtime.

I meet his challenging gaze full-on, intrigued by his confidence and resolve. At the end of his short spiel, a warm, bemused smile has spread its wings across my lips, and a kind chuckle reverberates from deep within me.

“You are observant, sir. Gallantly so.” My arched neck, regal despite the gray which flows from my buckskin coat, turns so that I might survey Kagerus, who has turned to look at us curiously. “But I am far from abandoning my daughter. Put your fears to rest, brave gentleman; Kagerus is well looked out for.”

The little minimal-overo girl has ambled her way over to us by now, though having not heard exactly what I uttered to the boy. Her nutmeg eyes, so alike to Kagerou’s, flicker between myself and the stranger, who stands tall and proud, with a jaw so set I fear for his bones. Ah, but he is yet young.

“Who are you?” Asks my little braveling, her own eyes flaring up with something of a challenge. She doesn’t want her old man being bullied, you know. “Are you from around?” I smile gentle encouragement to my daughter, and lend a nod to the colt beside me. Backstepping so as to allow them some privacy, I lower my head to graze, well within hearing distance, but far enough so as not to be intruding.

Kavi ☼ Kagerus

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Beaches, boats, sailing, togetherness; Neverwas - by Kavi - 05-02-2016, 05:45 PM