• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Calm Before the Storm- [Daeryssa, Any]

The sunset rains like a bullet hole; trees only seem for hanging.
    The marks Pazuzu left on my skin are still faint healing slashes across the powder and steel blue of my coat, lovely little mementos of our time together that will fade eventually, I'm sure. Maybe by then, I'll have more to add to them. I got exactly what I wanted from him, after all: days of my body reminding me of the storm that had raged between us, and the way we pounded that gilded cage of mine into so much shimmering gold dust.

I'm not exactly expecting lightning to strike again as I wander through the forest, but for the first time in a long time I'm bored. Restless I'm used to, but bored? Traversing far corners of the world always used to sound appealing; now it just sounds like far too much work. Exhausting, really, and I feel unusually tired already today. And now that I've let myself run wild, I don't want to go back to spending all my time alone. So. I should meet people. Do...I don't know, normal person things. Talk, is that what people normally come here to do? Whatever, so I'm a little out of practice. I'll figure it out.

Mmm, and if anyone catches my eye, maybe I'll do a little more than talk.

I snort, shaking my head at myself because even as I think it, whatever wildness woke to feed on that glorious storm is sleeping soundly inside me. If the right person came along and made sparks fly again, maybe that would change. But without more than a shimmer of that electric charge building on my skin, it seems content to rest, unchained and uncaged and in less of a rush than I'd expected it would be to fly free again. For right now, at least.

Oh, I've tried a bit. Flirted with my fair share of random strangers – and more than flirted with a few – just to see if I could feel that rush again. Just to see if it was always that good, or if it was something harder to come by. Turns out it's the latter, sadly, or so far at least. So that wild, wicked something that lives on lightning and heated moans and blood trickling down my skin slumbers, and I stroll idly through the forest in search of something to shake up my day. Someone to get my heart pounding again. Hell, anything that isn't more time spent alone on a damn mountaintop, really.

There don't seem to be many people out and about around here, though. Maybe it's the snow keeping people tucked away and out of sight, although given the shelter of the trees I had expected there to be better chances of encountering someone here than in the meadow. I'm about to give up and go curl up somewhere myself when I catch a glimpse of black through the tree trunks.

There's no trace of that restless, hungry itch like there was with Pazuzu, no electric charge building beneath my skin as I draw closer, and when I get a good look at her, I can't say that I'm surprised. There's softness in the curve of her neck, the line of her back, the way she holds herself even as her ears perk up and her head turns toward me. The look in her eyes is far too sweet, too gentle. Gentle has never quite done it for me.

Another day, I might have tried anyhow, just to see if there was something dark and delicious lurking beneath those doe eyes. Today though, an inexplicable trace of exhaustion weighs down my limbs and my libido. I wouldn't have the energy to follow through even if she did turn out to have a wild side of her own. Instead, I just nod a greeting. “So what brings you out on a day like this?”

The moon is a target range, and rivers seem only for drowning
    Daeryssa
    of the restless heart
    Reference

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The Calm Before the Storm- [Daeryssa, Any] - by Daeryssa - 04-25-2016, 10:04 AM