• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

what you need, you can't get nothing from me: ANY

Face your worst fears and conquer them.
    Brown eyes watched the mare creep closer, eyeing her warily. She shifted, moving her head from down between her legs to staring straight at her. Her ears flickered back and forth as she caught the rustling of the grass, subconsciously filing that away. Rustling grass means someone approaching, someone walking. The fairy had told her that being here in the Adoption Den meant that someone could come here and find her, giving her a home. It almost meant she was always safe as long as she stayed here, some invisible magic that kept it that way, so long as she stayed within the boundaries. The Playground was also safe.

So when the mare acted like she was delicate china, the little filly snorted. She lurched to her feet when she tried to touch her, dodging her nose. Her ears falling back into the tangles of her mane. You would think a little girl would be dying for affection, but she was still trying to work out this whole being dumped without a family thing. The fairy had said that it would probably be for the best as her mom had dropped off other children of hers here. Her birth mom had always looked so sad when she did so.

However, that did little to ease the ache in her heart. It soon turned to anger and so when the mare spoke, Graeme replied. "You're in the Adoption Den. It's not exactly a picnic here." Her ears flickered as another tiny soul found out it had been dropped in the distance and a cry of sorrow echoed around them. Some were angry, some happy, some sad. They all experienced it differently.

Graeme was just angry right now. She would grow out of it, get over it but she had only just been born after all and was finding out she had no one, or others she didn't even know.

This other mare shows, Graeme's tiny wings flap in agitation, but she cannot help when her stomach grumbles almost seemingly in response to her words. "I'm fine...just abandoned." Her tone is snarky and longing all at once. She tried to ignore the sounds of her stomach growing again, turning instead to look for one of the fairies so she doesn't make this mare feel obligated to take her and feed her.

And maybe give her a home.

But there are none around and so she sighs. A great big sigh that makes her head droop a little. (Meanwhile the sound of crying can be heard again in the distance.) And then feeling braver than she has all day, she looks at the mare who's full of milk. "Can I go home with you?" A head tilt to the other. "Sorry but you can't feed me." She looks back to Eira longingly. "Oh, the fairies named me Graeme." Here she manages a small smile that softens the lines of her face.

Graeme

Messages In This Thread
    RE: what you need, you can't get nothing from me: ANY - by Graeme - 05-06-2016, 09:08 PM