• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

all I want is one more chance to be young and wild and free; herds preferred

Ordinary. That is him to a T. Certainly bards wouldn’t be singing songs about him ever. Astray the ordinary, the awkward, the goofy. But if he could carve out a little slice of this earth for himself, he would be happy. A little bit of company, something to look forward to each and every morning, certainly wouldn’t go amiss either.

For a moment, he is absolutely positive she is going to say no. If ever there was a horse that looked dejected in that moment, it was he. Think sad puppy dog, just a little more pathetic, and you would have the picture of Astray. Much to his surprise and delight however, she says yes. Or, well, almost a yes. An ‘I think I’d like that’ is close enough for him.

His head comes up, ears perking forward as his silver eyes brighten in first surprise, then happiness. ”Really?” He cannot seem to help the astonished question as it pops out of his mouth, no matter how much he would like to call it back a moment later. Real good, Astray. Give her an excuse to change her mind.

”I mean, that’s great!” he fumbles, doing his (unfortunate) best to cover up his faux pas. Her next question, however, gives him pause as he realizes he hadn’t actually considered the where. But really, can we be surprised by this?

”Er, well…” he hems and haws, scrambling to come up with a suitable answer that doesn’t sound made up on the spot. Until he realizes he actually does know of a place that might work. He had passed through it once in his wanderings. ”Actually, there is this little place in the mountains. By the ocean. Gemstone Ridge?” That wasn’t supposed to be a question, but he is rather terrible with names. He’s not quite certain he has it right.

Whatever the case may be, it’ll have to work. He’s pretty sure he can’t possibly make a bigger fool of himself at this point anyway.

who am i supposed to be
    if everything good is taken from me?

astray

Messages In This Thread
    RE: all I want is one more chance to be young and wild and free; herds preferred - by Astray - 06-13-2016, 06:48 PM