• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Meet me on the equinox
    Do you believe you're missin' out?
    That everything good is happening somewhere else?

The beautiful silverling meets my nose with her own, and we exchange warm, sweet smelling breath. Just as we're pulling apart and her addressing me, another stallion approaches (to whom I give a gracious nod), a hulking appaloosa who could only be the son of one Vanquish. I say nothing about this however, fearing it would bring a rise of misery out of the seemingly harmless stallion. Indeed, this Kreios could have come with the intent to try and steal the silver Arabian to the Deserts, but he subtly hints that his intent is something different. As I listen to Taqqiq's words, I smile, but it is slightly distant, as I am attempting to think up a way to explain the workings of Beqanna to her.

"Well met, Taqqiq. This land is the Field, a gathering place for the homeless. We - Kreios and I - have come in the hopes that you might join our homes, be they kingdoms..." My amber gaze flickers to the Deserts stallion searchingly, "... or herds." My half-smile grows as I realize that these words probably are meaningless to her, so I continue speaking in my caramel tones. "Do excuse these confusing terms. A kingdom is like a herd, but each horse has a role to play and tasks to complete. I am the Governor of the Chamber, for example. I've never been one for war." A chuckle accompanies the comment; I've really been rather poor at recruiting; I always want to make friends first, instead of taking them home and then doing so afterwards.

"But alas, there are many kingdoms and more herds. The two are not mutually exclusive," I say with emphasis. Really I am a kind soul for helping Kreios out here - but then again, he isn't in direct competition with me, either. "The Chamber is ruled by Straia, my niece. She and you share the same beautiful composure, if I may be so bold." The compliment escapes me just as the other one has, but in my eyes there is only kindness and gallantry and honesty; no lust, no temptation, no deceit. I simply mean what I say, for I've always had an eye for beauty, whether I should or I should not. Upon my sooty buckskin lips, my half-smile grows, and I dip my head politely to Taqqiq before glancing to Kreios, indicating that my part has been said and that he may now continue.

KAVI
    Kagerou x Rhaego

Messages In This Thread
    Meet me on the equinox - by Taqqiq - 04-19-2015, 03:25 PM
    RE: Meet me on the equinox - by Kavi - 04-19-2015, 04:38 PM
    RE: Meet me on the equinox - by Kreios - 04-19-2015, 04:42 PM
    RE: Meet me on the equinox - by Taqqiq - 04-20-2015, 11:31 AM
    RE: Meet me on the equinox - by Kavi - 04-20-2015, 03:58 PM
    RE: Meet me on the equinox - by Kreios - 04-21-2015, 08:27 AM