• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I don't think I'll ever land; twins, kirin, any
    IF THE CLOUD COVER MAINTAINS ITS REIGN ON SUMMER
    ILL STILL SHINE PALE WHITE NEXT TO A TENDER TAN

Rusalka and Rakshasha are both still pleased to be meeting a new family member, basking in the attention he gives them like cats in the sunlight.  There is a literal record-scratch in both of the girls' heads, however, when they hear their mother telling the stallion that she has brought him gifts, that *they* are the gifts.  Err, what?  The twins give each other sideways glances to confirm that they had indeed heard Oswyn correctly.  They barely notice Kirin teasingly asking them which of them is prettiest, and can only give clueless shrugs as a belated response.  All thoughts of playtime have fled their brains, and they edge closer to one another until they are physically touching.  They watch with unease as the lavender stallion sidles up to their mother and whispers something in her ear, something they both are quite sure is not suitable for fillies' ears.  

Why was their mother handing them off to this unknown relative?  They hadn't done anything wrong to cause her to want to get rid of them, much less announce that they were merely possessions to give away instead of being her own flesh and blood.  Rakshasha takes a cautious step towards Oswyn, ears laid back and eyes narrowing with concern for herself and her sister.   "Mother, what is this?  Are you leaving us here?  I thought we were a family together, the three of us.  We....we can behave better, we'll stop being so rambunctious.  Please.  "  Behind her, Rusalka nods in fervent agreement with her black-and-red sister, willing to do whatever they needed to do to not be left behind.  Neither filly cries, being made of sterner stuff than that, but their desperate pleas are clear on their faces.  Maybe this would cause Oswyn to change her mind about leaving them here.  At least, they hope that it will.

Rusalka and Rakshasa

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I don't think I'll ever land; twins, kirin, any - by Rusalka and Rakshasha - 05-22-2016, 05:37 PM
    RE: I don't think I'll ever land; twins, kirin, any - by Rusalka and Rakshasha - 06-19-2016, 08:49 AM