• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

what am I fighting for? birthing, any
    Morigan
    WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR? THERE MUST BE SOMETHING MORE. FOR ALL THESE WORDS I SING, DO YOU FEEL ANYTHING?
    God this pregnancy has been taxing. 

It had been normal at first, just as it had been with Merida. Her belly had started to grow, her appetite had grown and her ankles had begun to swell, though thankfully only a little. It had seemed like it was going to be a perfectly ordinary pregnancy. 

But then her belly had just kept on growing. 

At this point, so close to her due date, she feels like a whale. 

She’s been keeping to herself again, spending her days waddling in and amongst the trees on the northern side of the creek. As lovely as Anahi has been to her, she just feels awkward in company these days. Especially her daughter’s unfortunately. 

Merida is growing by the day, and at a year old, Morigan can see the makings of a beautiful young mare already. Merida is going to be a handful, not that she isn’t already. The girl is always off on some adventure or other, dashing about as quickly as her legs can carry her. A little hard for an overly pregnant mare to keep up with. 

She’s deep in the quietest part of the woods when the labour pains first hit her. She barely has time to find a hollow to lie down in before instinct takes over. 

The whole process is long and painful, far more so than it had been with Merida. But, eventually, it’s over. And twin colts are lying at her side. 

With a loud groan she forces herself up onto her feet, and wobbles over to the boys to start cleaning them off. She’d started to suspect twins, what with the size of her belly, but to actually have them there, lying in front of her …

It’s a little overwhelming. 

But surprisingly, she’s not worried. She has Archam, and Merida, and even Anahi. If she has trouble keeping up with the two of them, she’s sure she’ll have help from her new little family.

As she cleans, she’s unsurprised to find a few splashes of purple on one of the boy’s coats - clearly her genes are showing through. But, she is surprised to find a small horn spiralling out of the other boy’s head. How odd. Neither she nor Archam have horns … perhaps some vestige of magical blood in their ancestry has been passed down? No matter though, both of them appear to be healthy, and that’s the important thing. 

When both of the boys are clean she gives each of them a little nudge and steps back, hoping that the both of them will be quick to their feet. She takes a quick glance at the surrounding trees, before returning her gaze to the twins. She hopes Archam will be able to find them here in the thick of the woods. 

SAID I'M OKAY, BUT I KNOW HOW TO LIE. YOU WERE ALL THAT I HAD, YOU WERE DELICATE AND HARD TO FIND.

Messages In This Thread
    what am I fighting for? birthing, any - by Morigan - 06-01-2016, 11:13 PM