• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

what am I fighting for? birthing, any
    Morigan
    WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR? THERE MUST BE SOMETHING MORE. FOR ALL THESE WORDS I SING, DO YOU FEEL ANYTHING?
    Archam seems quite touched when she offers to let him name the boys, and she’s instantly glad that she’d given him the option. He’s shown both her and Merida great kindness while staying living here, and it’s nice to be able to return that kindness in this small way.

She returns the soft nuzzle that he gives her, and her eyes follow as he turns his gaze back to their sons.

As they watch, both boys decide to test out their new legs, pushing up against each other as they attempt to defy gravity. Every so slowly they rise to their feet - the purple tipped colt stumbling once - until finally they stand on shaky new legs, staring at their patient parents. Then, far faster than she expected, they wobble over and begin drinking their fill of her fresh, warm milk.

Archam watches them, face full of what she can only describe as fatherly love and pride. It warms her heart to see it there, and it makes her wonder for one brief moment, what her life would’ve been like if she’d had a caring, present father like Archam.

But now is not the time for such thoughts.

She listens carefully as Archam thinks for a moment, then names both of the boys. She smiles broadly at him, then turns to look back at the boys as they drink. “I think they’re perfect.” Perfect indeed.
    SAID I'M OKAY, BUT I KNOW HOW TO LIE. YOU WERE ALL THAT I HAD, YOU WERE DELICATE AND HARD TO FIND.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: what am I fighting for? birthing, any - by Morigan - 06-18-2016, 12:18 AM