• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

just me, myself, and I [ANY]
    PHAEDRUS
    She turns her gaze away from him, and he grins with a bit of relief, knowing that he would have been the one doing such a motion if she had challenged his last comment. She hadn’t though, she had known exactly what was on his mind, only a horse with the same type of thoughts would understand what his look was all about. He doesn’t rub it in, instead he dips his head and they greet one another, he can’t help but notice the tremor. It undoes his resolve and for a moment he slips, dropping his wing to brush her forelock from her face.  

When she snaps the words at him, he shrugs a tender smile acting as an apology. Whatever you decide to call it. dropping the subject he is about to turn to another, but she catches him by surprise with an answer. He nods solemnly taking her words into consideration. He once again finds himself at a loss to his impulses. Reaching a wing out to once again stroke at her forelock she turns away just as a small wisp of hair catches in his feather. He watches it float and drift into her face once again casting his gaze to the ground. Just as he takes a step she reminds him that he had yet to answer her. If you would like I can tell you the story along the way. I promise you it is woefully depressing, and on all accounts boorishly long.

She gives him the lead, but he paces himself to her gait, staying close to her side. He sweeps away the branches and brush as they walk allowing her to pass completely unhindered. For several minutes he thinks on the words to start with. I once heard of a colt that was born to a very decorated family, with three parents to be exact. This family was so curious that his father was blue, and his grandfather was part fish. At first the they waited, hoping that the colt would sprout some strange curiosity that they could applaud. He didn’t though, and after a week of waiting they decided that the changeless colt would not be useful amongst them. The colt was sent to his niece Nocturnal, there they thought that he would not be a completely waste of space. Though after several years of getting nowhere and clumsily screwing up the few chances offered to him, another child came. This one reminded the changeless colt of the blue father so much so that the foal was considered the reincarnation of the blue stallion. Taking the foal under his wing the changeless colt taught it the ways of being changeless. After a year or so though, it disappeared. Forgetting about the changeless colt, just as the niece had done not long before that. He ends the story, falling silent continuing to push the brush aside for them both.

With a shrug he finally turns to look at her, just a story, but still, always has a way of making me feel a little depressed after thinking on it. He attempts to brush it off with a smile, and casually drapes his wing over her shoulder to catch the low hanging branch before it snags on her. What he doesn’t do though is remove the appendage, at least not immediately. He waits for her to shift, or give him some reason to remove taking the moment to comfort her and himself before they break through to the Jungle.
    i'll carry this flag, to the grave if i must

OOC: you want to get a reply up in the jungle? Sorry this took so long. <3
    @[riva]

Messages In This Thread
    just me, myself, and I [ANY] - by Phaedrus - 06-21-2016, 11:26 PM
    RE: just me, myself, and I [ANY] - by riva - 07-11-2016, 04:10 PM
    RE: just me, myself, and I [ANY] - by Phaedrus - 07-12-2016, 06:59 PM
    RE: just me, myself, and I [ANY] - by riva - 07-21-2016, 09:40 PM
    RE: just me, myself, and I [ANY] - by Phaedrus - 07-30-2016, 07:21 PM
    RE: just me, myself, and I [ANY] - by riva - 08-09-2016, 05:33 PM
    RE: just me, myself, and I [ANY] - by Phaedrus - 08-15-2016, 04:30 AM