• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

You had the world right at your feet. //

Cai
    Cal X Carys
    Your kingdom has turned to a bone yard,
    The look on your face as you leave.
    You cut me so deep that it left scars,
    You had the world right at your feet.

Was he startled? No doubt. Intimidated? Definitely. Before him stood a whole 18 hands of black terror with eyes like fresh blood. Cai had not been around others for so long, and he had worked it out in his head that every other living being knew his past, knew that he was unwanted, that he was what had caused his mother so much pain. He had spent his years living in shame, in fear that if anyone saw him would try to do him harm. However, the huge brute did not act in the hostile way Cai would have expected, instead the stallion took him by surprise, and this is what put him off more than anything. 
    "I uh, I'm Cai.."He replied, voice still a bit rough, but with time that would wear off with use. His dark eyes watched the tall brute with careful judgement. Surely if this stallion wanted to do him harm, he would have done so already. However Cai did not get the chance to linger on this brute for long and the sound of a rude young filly broke the silence between the two stallions.
    Cai's head jerked back in surprise at most, and his ears moved briefly back, pinning against his cranium, but he loosened up quickly enough and gave a snort. He may be jumpy about meeting others, and others judging him for his past, but he had survived the wilds all these years on his own, but when if came to defending himself, he knew how to do so, and if he had to, he could be quick with words.
    "How can I help you grulla girl."His reply was quick, turning her own rudeness against her. He had little experience with social dealings, but he already felt he did not like being referred to in such a manner.

Messages In This Thread
    You had the world right at your feet. // - by Cai - 06-30-2016, 06:05 PM
    RE: You had the world right at your feet. - by Offspring - 07-01-2016, 03:29 PM
    RE: You had the world right at your feet. - by Cai - 07-01-2016, 03:57 PM
    RE: You had the world right at your feet. - by Offspring - 07-01-2016, 04:12 PM
    RE: You had the world right at your feet. - by Offspring - 07-01-2016, 04:56 PM
    RE: You had the world right at your feet. - by Offspring - 07-02-2016, 05:30 PM
    RE: You had the world right at your feet. - by Offspring - 07-24-2016, 12:32 AM