• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Grumblequest: welcome to the Grumbledome (now with note and Q&A)
    Slaybell, Helleborn, thank you so much for participating, but Grumblesnakes is sending you home after the torture is done and you're good and broken. Feel free to keep any scars you want, otherwise he'll patch you up as a courtesy for putting you through so much pain. Physically, anyhow. Mental and emotional scars, those are all yours.

Everyone else? In torturing you, Grumblesnakes has unlocked your full potential and until you're told otherwise, you now have battle magic. NOBODY GET EXCITED OKAY because this lasts only for the duration of the quest. Not even the winners get to keep it, because Grumblesnakes is kind of a bitch like that and has no problem giving you a taste of almost unlimited power and then taking it away. Anyhow. Battle magic! Here's how this shit works: you have access to basically any offensive ability you can think of. However, you can't sneak a peek at your loved ones back home, and you can't trump Grumbly's magic. So, you know, no getting yourself out of that halter or overriding its power and finding a way to attack our dear Grumblesnakes. Oh, speaking of the halter, by the way? You might notice it's making you feel...just a little bit affectionate toward your captor. Just a little bit loyal to him. Not like you'd die for him or anything crazy, but you sure wouldn't hurt him, and you'd defend him against anyone who tried.

The sneaky bastard.

It's also got you a little bit revved up to fight, and isn't that interesting? Now that you have all this power to beat the hell out of things, Grumbly's quite generously giving you a target to practice on. Welcome to the Grumbledome. It's basically a Colosseum surrounded by a magical barrier you can't break through, and complete with all kinds of crazy stuff for you to fight. Dragons, monsters, all manner of beasts both magical and otherwise, take your pick. And oh look, even some captive fairies for you to play with if you'd like. Go wild, and get to know your exciting new abilities. Everything you face has a collar or a halter on, and will not stop trying to kill you 'til it's good and dead. So. Kill some shit and don't die. Keep in mind, Grumbles is sitting back and watching the bloodshed in true emperor fashion.

You have 2 days. Well, until 10 PM CST on Friday. So like 49 hours, whatever. Ask questions, I'll answer them here. Or in cbox or PM, the usual. If you PM me, say something in cbox in case I'm lurking, so I know to check. Have fun. (:< I know I will.

Note: Right. Feel free to play fast and loose with appearance. Battle magic extends to defensive stuff, which also covers "holy shit I look like a badass." I'm just saying.

Q&A

Soooo what kind of condition should my character be in at the end of this post? If he takes damage is that going to set him up for failure next round, or...?
    Oh, good question! Yeah, anyone who needs healing between this round and the next will get it. This is play time. Practice. Getting to know your fancy new ability. Grumbles will patch you up after if need be.

Messages In This Thread
    Grumblequest: welcome to the Grumbledome (now with note and Q&A) - by Grumblesnakes - 07-06-2016, 08:48 PM