• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Grumblequest: sorry, they won't all be clever.
    Alright, pets. Thank you all for playing, and testing out your shiny new powers. This round is being judged based on the badassery (or angst-inducing beauty) of the beasts you faced, the use you made of your powers, and how Grumble feels about trusting you as a potential bodyguard. He called the shots this round. Igni and Fascade, thank you for your amazing work, but the quest ends here for you. I'm so sorry. :\ Grumbly will fix you up and send you home. Feel free to keep any scars you like, and thank you again for participating! Everybody else, welcome to round four.

“Nicely done, my beauty,” Grumblesnakes croons to you, suddenly at your side. He strokes your cheek, rubs your forehead, smiling with a sick sort of affection. “My greatest creation,” he murmurs (and sometimes he even means it). “You're ready, I think. Oh, except here.” With a careless wave of a hand, he patches you up, repairing any injuries you took with almost no effort. “Come along, then, my darling.” With one last touch to your face, he walks away, knowing you'll follow. After all, you are his. Oh, he'd make you fall in line if he had to. But the longer you wear his halter, the more his you become, and after all, he asked so nicely.

He leads you out of the arena and into your new home, his fort. As one of his guardians, you spend a great deal of your time at his side from then on, helping him to beef up the fort's defenses against potential invaders. You no longer return to your stall for meals and rest, but there is food and water available for you whenever you need it, as well as access to an outer courtyard where you can do your business and also patrol for enemies. You sleep in Grumble's room with him, passively protecting him when he's at his most vulnerable. And you help your dear friend brainstorm while he's laying traps and spells and all manner of vicious little surprises so that when the enemy finds the fort, you are ready.

Except there is no preparing for what comes. No practice, no training, could ever get you ready for the fury that rains down one day out of nowhere. Enjoy the time peaceful time you have together, because your post ends with the sky overhead going dark, and the force field surrounding the fort flashing in alarm. They found you. They're coming for your Grumblesnakes, and they're mad as hell.

You have until 10 PM CST on Tuesday to post. Like I said, your post should end with the rather ominous arrival of the enemy you've spent all this time preparing for. No need to go into detail though. We'll cover that in the final round. Also to clarify? Your battle magic is in no way limited to what you used in the previous round. You didn't have to unlock specific abilities, you have battle magic, period. So don't feel like you're stuck with what you've already used if you want to shake things up. There's no battle this round, but you can still use your abilities to help beef up security and entertain your dear friend Grumblesnakes if you're so inclined. You also have relative control over Grumbles and his magic for the duration of the post. As usual, I'll be around cbox or you can reach me by PM or a post on the OOC board if you have questions.

tl;dr: read it anyway. :| But for real, bond with Grumbles and turn this place into a stronghold before the enemies rain death from above.

Messages In This Thread
    Grumblequest: sorry, they won't all be clever. - by Grumblesnakes - 07-10-2016, 09:53 PM
    RE: Grumblequest: sorry, they won't all be clever. - by Offspring - 07-12-2016, 05:01 PM