• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Oh my, so many people.. {Any}
    Time slugged on as she stood waiting, watching for anyone to approach. Mere seconds slowed to minutes. She had only been visible for a short time, but it felt like ages in her vulnerable state. Needles seemed to pinprick her skin, as if she could feel all the eyes on her even though there were none -none she could see, anyway.

She realized she would need something to say when someone stopped by. It would be good to make a positive first impression. Something like.. Good day, stranger, how do you do? No no, that wasn't right. She pulled herself to her tallest height and cleared her throat. "So nice to meet you on this fine day.." That didn't sound quite right either.

She huffed in frustration. She only had to be here long enough to find someone she could care for, someone that may be able to put up with her as an added shadow. Not many someone's though, if she were honest with herself. Rhae always preferred very few deep connections rather than butterfly-shallow friendships, flitting from one to the next without feeling any different.

"Hello?" came a sudden little voice. Rhae nearly leapt out of her skin, startled out of her silent ramblings. Her eyes fell on not an older mare as she expected in these parts, but on a young child.

"Good light, you're a quiet one, arent you!" she exclaimed, desperately trying to steady her heartbeat back to a normal pace. She paused to look the filly over. Soft light hair contrasted beautifully over a smooth dark coat. Lovely little wings bunched at her sides like a swift sparrow.

Well this little mite wouldn't be protecting her any time soon. not unless she could startle the beasts to an early grave, a fate she herself nearly missed out on apparently. Rhae glanced around for the missing mother, for she certainly seemed a bit young to be on her own. She would have to approach the topic gently though, young ones could be so touchy with such things as their independence.

"I apologize for startling so quickly, I hadn't realized I was so unobservant! Everyone must notice such a lovely young lady, and here I nearly missed you!" She smiled. It wasn't all too long ago she had been the same age; she still had yet to take a mate, in fact.
    "Do you live in this meadow?"

Messages In This Thread
    Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-10-2016, 10:04 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 07-12-2016, 10:26 AM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-14-2016, 11:34 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 07-15-2016, 11:24 AM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-16-2016, 10:14 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 07-18-2016, 12:07 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-23-2016, 04:27 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 07-27-2016, 04:34 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-30-2016, 09:40 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 08-03-2016, 10:19 AM