• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Oh my, so many people.. {Any}

FROM THE DUSTY MESA
    HER LOOMING SHADOW GROWS
    HIDDEN IN THE BRANCHES OF THE POISON CREOSOTE

She too startled at the older mare’s alarm. Her eyes widened and quickly she jumped back, losing a couple small feathers in the rush. Too young and too sheltered, she had never been exposed to even the concept of fright, and the grullo mare’s response quite took her off guard. She tensed her little muscles, ready to spin around and sprint back to her mother if needed (begrudgingly, of course – she could already see the scolding to accompany), but kept her gaze fixated on the mare.

Luckily though, she saw that the other figure immediately calmed and began to address her. What look of surprise might have been plastered on her little face quickly was washed off by a delighted grin. She liked being praised, and it was sure nice receiving compliments from someone other than her mother. She had assumed her mother was rather biased, so she never took those fully to heart. But this lady had no reason to lie… right?

“So sorry ma’am,” she responded as a small blush began to heat her cheeks. She was slowly realizing that perhaps she herself may have been to blame for the mare’s shock. “I’m hiding from my mama… she sees and hears everything so I hadta be super quiet.” She grinned even larger. Somehow, sharing her secret with someone else brought even more joy to her heart. It was like having a partner in crime! Even if the new best friend feeling was more than likely only one sided.

The young filly then watched as the mare began to smile as well, which certainly put her further at ease. She gave a quick glance behind her. Satisfied that no angry mother was charging up, she pranced forward again. Happily, she cozied up to the silver mare, brushing her small head against the mare’s side and chest. Having never met anyone aside from her mother yet, she had yet to learn about strangers’ personal bubbles… for better or worse.

“You’re real soft!” she whinnied as she nuzzled her new friend. Her small eyes peeked upward, her little ears at attention as she took in the mare’s next question. “I suppose so…” she began, her interest caught. “I’d never been anywheres else?” But her mind was already racing… there were other places to live? Whoa. Surely her friend would know! “Have you been to other places?”

AND RISE WITH ME FOREVER ACROSS THE SILENT SAND
    AND THE STARS WILL BE YOUR EYES
    AND THE WIND WILL BE MY HANDS

Messages In This Thread
    Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-10-2016, 10:04 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 07-12-2016, 10:26 AM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-14-2016, 11:34 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 07-15-2016, 11:24 AM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-16-2016, 10:14 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 07-18-2016, 12:07 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-23-2016, 04:27 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 07-27-2016, 04:34 PM