• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Oh my, so many people.. {Any}
    With every minute, Rhae's self-confidence gradually glowed a little brighter. She'd never be the outgoing social butterfly type, and she was more than glad of it. But this spooked little mare was only a shell of how she would normally behave. She was a skittish hare ever since her mother and friends, her security, left her. In her own element, she was more like.. a coyote. Watchful. Cautious. Shy. Perhaps exactly like a coyote, actually. They're very family-oriented creatures and can get loud and upbeat when they're together. On their own, they're extra careful and quiet, skittish. She could certainly relate to that.

Comparing herself to them gave her a small boost of self-confidence. They are predators, afterall, even though not the most dangerous or largest. She found it odd, though, that a helpless little filly could bring out her more secure side. Perhaps she could sense the strong mare she would one day become, and found comfort in her presence. And so beautifully expressive, too. Even now her face would fall at Rhae's sadness, and shine in their shared happiness. It made her feel more connected with the girl.

Like a spark to dry timber, the dark filly brightened again. Clearly excited about something, her eyes glittered in glee. Rhae couldn't help the smile that inched across her face, catching the girl's mood like a steady virus. You can share my mama with me! And just like that, the happiness was swiped from her face, replaced with uncertainty. The little one's voice grew distant as Rhae lost herself in thought. Did she just take advantage of an innocent child? What kind of person does that? Had she unwittingly manipulated this lovely little girl into inviting her home, with her sad eyes and her sad stories?

Her self-assuredness slipped away along with the bit of self-confidence she had found. Once again stiff and hesitant, she couldn't seem to look her companion in the eye, her eyes darting every which way trying to find something to anchor to.
    "I don't know..", she mumbled uncertainly. What were the chances the girl's mother and whatever other family and herd she had would even accept her in, a total stranger? A very dependent stranger, even. One who couldn't help fight off predators or attackers. Couldn't run from them very well either. Even if she glued herself to the filly's side, she wouldn't be able to protect her if it was ever needed no matter how badly she may want to. She'd be nothing but a burden.

She felt good around her though. Happy. Almost like she had her family back, but newer. Did she really want to chance losing this opportunity? How long would it take for another offer to come along? But an offer from a child is hardly an offer at all. Would her mother really take her in? There were so many doubts clouding her mind and a heaviness gradually built within her chest. The sound of her name on the girl's lips brought her attention back. Rhae forced a smile, hoping it would relieve some of the tension within her. Louisiane, the girl had said. Such a perfect name for her. Annie.

Rhae's smile was genuine now, though not as lighthearted as it had been before. She didn't think the odds of finding someone to accept her were that high. She believed she had lasted so long before because she had been family. Even a stallion needing brood mares wouldn't be very taken with her Scoliosis once he took notice of it. She may as well start here and if she was turned away she'd just have to try again elsewhere. She could do that, right?

"Well.. Do you really think your mother will allow it?" she said hopefully. "I have a bit of a bad back, so I'm afraid I'm more trouble than help.. But I could try really hard to be useful?" She was naturally pretty watchful. Observant. She could help spy for dangers.. Or perhaps babysit the little ones? Surely she wasn't completely useless, she just had to find something she could do.

Messages In This Thread
    Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-10-2016, 10:04 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 07-12-2016, 10:26 AM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-14-2016, 11:34 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 07-15-2016, 11:24 AM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-16-2016, 10:14 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 07-18-2016, 12:07 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-23-2016, 04:27 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 07-27-2016, 04:34 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-30-2016, 09:40 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 08-03-2016, 10:19 AM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 08-08-2016, 06:08 PM