• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Oh my, so many people.. {Any}

FROM THE DUSTY MESA
    HER LOOMING SHADOW GROWS
    HIDDEN IN THE BRANCHES OF THE POISON CREOSOTE

As the uncertainty took over the grullo mare, the smile on the dark filly’s lips faltered as well. Her heart began accelerating. Her cheeks heated with nervous anxiety. Her gaze though followed the mare’s, unfortunately catching the reluctance of the older mare’s gaze to meet.

Did she say something wrong? Was she too forward?

Oh dear, she must have been too forward.

More warmth shot to the filly’s face in humiliation as she dropped her gaze to the ground.

The mare then added her verbal hesitation, and the filly thought for a moment. The offer was already given; it would be rude to take it back, no matter how embarrassing it was in hindsight, and besides… the worst Rhae could say was no?

Luckily, Rhae’s next comments placated the filly’s growing internal angst… at least a little. She peeked back up at the older female, catching the return of the mare’s smile. Her heartbeat calmed just a bit as she matched the mare’s smile. Maybe she wasn’t entirely out of line with her offer? Although… she’d definitely have to make note to herself not to be so bold next time.

The dark filly paused for one moment more, willing her heart to calm even further before she spoke. “I’m sure mama will!” she confidently stated soon after. “Let’s go find her!” she exclaimed, her giddiness quickly returning as she turned towards where she last left her mother.

“Although…” she began again after a moment, turning her head to look back at Rhae. Her voice was slightly more apprehensive now. “…we don’t actually have a real home.” She had distantly seen other children with their vast amounts of siblings and heard them speaking of their ocean-front properties and grand mountain retreats. Ashamed at their own meager slice of the communal meadow, she hoped they wouldn’t disappoint her new sister. “I probably should have admitted that earlier.” She dipped her head in shame, although deep down, she hoped the mare would still join them.

AND RISE WITH ME FOREVER ACROSS THE SILENT SAND
    AND THE STARS WILL BE YOUR EYES
    AND THE WIND WILL BE MY HANDS

Messages In This Thread
    Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-10-2016, 10:04 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 07-12-2016, 10:26 AM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-14-2016, 11:34 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 07-15-2016, 11:24 AM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-16-2016, 10:14 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 07-18-2016, 12:07 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Rhae - 07-23-2016, 04:27 PM
    RE: Oh my, so many people.. {Any} - by Louisiane - 07-27-2016, 04:34 PM