• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i had a dream last night

The bats have left the bell tower

The victims have been bled

He does not seem to notice my embarrassment, the fluttering of my heart against it's bony cage. Instead, the opposite is happening and instead of turning tail he is reaching for me. My liquid silver eyes seem to focus on the velvet of his nose, time seems to slow down as I feel myself inching to meet the simple touch of another living being.

The dead have such cold, cold skin.

When his muzzle is close enough to my own, I almost allow myself to melt into the shadows, to be scattered by the dappled sunlight currently filtering through the treetops. But not this time. I can feel my breath pulled from my lungs as I am the bravest I have ever been in my short life so far and allow him to touch me.

Never has another other than my dam ever stroked my skin. I am surprised at the tickle that itches my nostrils and a small sneeze follows. He smells like ice, snow, and the thick coniferous trees from the northern region but I avert my gaze when he comments about my 'party trick'. In response, my teeth sink into my lower lip to chew as I attempt to respond appropriately. I can feel the seconds passing me by.

"It's not." The tone of my voice is so low that the two words could be classified as a harsh whisper. I am not sure but I can feel a burning in my eyes as I begin to realize that he is mocking me and I try like hell to keep my stance and wrestle to maintain my courage.

I force myself to breath in and out slowly to steel myself before I slowly raise the lengths of my lashes to meet his gaze. "I'm Graveside, what's your name?" The immense strength I have mustered to speak to the unnamed boy makes my body feel heavy, tired, like my hooves are made of cement and my bones of iron rods.

I don't think I could move if my life depended on it.

graveside

sorry she's so weird lol such awkwardness.

Messages In This Thread
    i had a dream last night - by Pyroclast - 07-14-2016, 01:06 PM
    RE: i had a dream last night - by Graveside - 07-17-2016, 01:07 PM
    RE: i had a dream last night - by Pyroclast - 07-22-2016, 02:51 PM
    RE: i had a dream last night - by Graveside - 07-22-2016, 03:43 PM