• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Grumblequest: last round, pets.
    You guys. :| You're making this elimination thing impossible. Good job. I never thought I would be grateful someone forfeited, but Malis, thank you, dear. You made half of my decision for me. Because of the extenuating circumstances, we can hash out details of how exactly Malis got home OOC. Contact me when you have time, and we'll sort it out to both our satisfaction.

Everyone else, thank you so much for participating. The decision was extremely difficult (hardest quest elimination ever, you guys), but Sleaze, the quest ends here for you. Cassi, if you'd like, he can keep that clever little cyanide capsule. Given that you're an owner, I'll leave both the decision of whether you want to do so and whether you're allowed to do so up to you. Grumbles turns to look at Sleaze, one of his beauties, one of his greatest creations. Twice now, Sleaze has submitted himself, willingly or no, to Grumble’s cause. Twice, he has fought to survive at the hands of forces far beyond reason, even if this time those hands were Grumble’s own. As the sky turns black and the end draws near, Grumblesnakes is struck by an inexplicable attack of conscience. You won’t die for me today. He touches Sleaze’s cheek, stealing the battle magic out of him with a gentle caress. With a kiss to the velvet softness of his nose, Sleaze is snapped back to the location from which he was taken. “Go home, love. I’ll take it from here. Thank you for your help.”

The rest of you? It's time to retreat. As the enemy closes in and the attack begins, you flee into the depths of the fortress with Grumbles, trusting to your extensive defenses to at least buy you some time. The hunters that have come for Grumblesnakes are stronger than anything you faced in practice, than anything you could have conceived of, and Grumble has poured so much into the fortifications that his power is running low. Even as you enter the fortress, the outer force field falls beneath the onslaught of magical attacks.

Somehow you make it to his inner sanctum, and he activates the last of the defensive magic with a touch, draining himself dry in the doing of it. Then he reaches out and presses his hand to the flat of your cheek. “You're my last hope, darling,” he murmurs, shaking as he looks back at the door.

“Is it time, then?” comes a slurred voice from a dark corner of the room, and a vaguely familiar face emerges from the shadows. You've seen him around the fortress, though you haven't had cause to interact with him. Master's friend, the one with the strange name—though perhaps strange names are relative, are they not? Stumbleduck has been contributing to the magical fortifications while you slept, taking shifts helping out as best he could, and just like Grumble, he's running on empty.

“They're here, Ducky,” Grumbles confirms, leaning against you for support. “They're here, and I don't know if we've done enough.” Well. He's not wrong. Despite the agonized screams from fairies that encounter your devious traps, it isn't long before the last of them are breaking down the doors and flooding in. You may have no chance of succeeding, but you're all Grumble has left. Half a dozen fairies, all sporting obvious signs of injury and exhaustion, are gunning for your master. And you're his last line of defense.

They aren't as worn out as Grumblesnakes and Stumbleduck, but maybe...maybe it isn't completely hopeless. Still, they charge at you, attacking with what power they have left. Six against one. Here's the problem: now that Grumble's out of power, every hit you take, every attack you fire back, drains you. Kick some fairy ass, but end your post with at least one left alive. This is the final round, so make it as deliciously brutal as you like. You have until 10 PM CST on Saturday to complete the quest, and I will post an epilogue and the results within two days thereafter. Good luck, my pretties.

Messages In This Thread
    Grumblequest: last round, pets. - by Grumblesnakes - 07-14-2016, 09:57 PM
    RE: Grumblequest: last round, pets. - by Chaol - 07-15-2016, 08:59 PM
    RE: Grumblequest: last round, pets. - by Fart - 07-16-2016, 01:38 PM
    RE: Grumblequest: last round, pets. - by Offspring - 07-16-2016, 09:33 PM
    RE: Grumblequest: last round, pets. - by Vidar - 07-16-2016, 09:55 PM