• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

An Undefined Soul; Any

It was at this time that Nymeria felt blessed for being the color that she was. She could feel her face flush and beads of sweat form beneath the tuft of mane atop her head. She was fully aware of her own inadequacies especially now that her lack of knowledge was brought to light. Sunday was the one to first correct her. She did so graciously and for that Nymeria was thankful. Apparently Beqanna was filled with herds called kingdoms. Nymeria noted to herself that each “kingdom” found an alignment to some sort of moral ground. Although this note was quickly overturned when Sunday went onto explain that the term evil and good were simply descriptive terms no long taken for face value.

Nymeria couldn’t help but allow a soft smile to form on her lips as Sunday spoke of her home. The Amazon’s sounded fascinating- It being made up of all mares and all. Nymeria didn’t have much of a warriors heart (not yet anyway), so she was thankful that “Diplomat” was apparently another position. Sunday was sure good at it. Nymeria with her introverted spirit was unsure she could possible fill such steep expectations.

Next the stallion spoke. He was apart of the “light” kingdom- light, she assumed, meant good. He went onto speak of starting his own herd- this being another peculiar practice. Nymeria had thought that the kingdoms were herds, obviously she was a bit mistaken but it honestly wasn’t worth mentioning. It was at this point that Nymeria was catching onto the manners of the kingdom horses. They were each taking turns speaking in such a structured way that she wondered if all such kingdoms had found peace amongst each other.

The mare that had come last was now allowed to speak. It did comfort Nymeria to hear that other horses who were now in esteemed diplomat positions had once been in her position. At least she had an attainable goal. The Valley sounded equally as interesting as the rest. Nymeria nodded along to the words strength, support, safety. She believed that those were goals often set by each individual as well. Now the question was how did Nymeria feel about executed whatever means necessary?

The tables had finally turned back to her. She had a lot to think over, a lot to consider. For the first time in her adult life she had to answer for herself what she wanted. Her eyes went to Sunday then to Kreios and finally Librette. ”I….” oh gawd…..her heart felt like it was beginning to fling itself from her chest, as if her ribs were being pried open- was it obvious that she was nervous? Hopefully not. ”I believe that….” What did she believe? ”…um…first let me thank each of you for your hospitality. I do not easily forget and your kindness will be remembered.” Okay…that was easy- speak from your heart, Nymeria thought before she took a deep breath. ”I believe that I’m in need of a quiet life right now. I need to take time to discover myself more. So…” She looked to Kreios, the stallion that was offering her comfort zone, a herd. Nymeria wasn’t ready for an adventure, not yet. ”I’d like to join your herd, sir.” She then looked back toward Sunday. ”Thank you for introducing me to the idea of warrior mares…I know of that sanctuary now.” Next Librette ”Thank you for introducing me to the Valley. Maybe one day I will be willing to explore everything within myself. I admire you for doing so.” And it was with that she was ready to be taken away to a quiet life. Hopefully one day Nymeria would discover that she had been capable of being useful anywhere, but as for now she was choosing to be comfortable.
    nymeria

Messages In This Thread
    An Undefined Soul; Any - by Nymeria - 04-25-2015, 09:28 PM
    RE: An Undefined Soul; Any - by Sunday - 04-26-2015, 08:46 AM
    RE: An Undefined Soul; Any - by Kreios - 04-26-2015, 09:04 AM
    RE: An Undefined Soul; Any - by Librette - 04-26-2015, 11:59 PM
    RE: An Undefined Soul; Any - by Nymeria - 04-27-2015, 06:34 PM
    RE: An Undefined Soul; Any - by Sunday - 04-27-2015, 07:20 PM
    RE: An Undefined Soul; Any - by Kreios - 04-28-2015, 08:09 AM
    RE: An Undefined Soul; Any - by Librette - 05-02-2015, 11:01 AM
    RE: An Undefined Soul; Any - by Nymeria - 05-02-2015, 03:41 PM
    RE: An Undefined Soul; Any - by Kreios - 05-03-2015, 03:03 PM