• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

all that was me is gone; any
    Despoine
    Despoine wandered freely and uncharacteristically alone through the tall golden grasses of the meadow. Normally, her father tended to spoil all her fun and prevent her from leaving his sight for any extended periods of time. She just didn’t understand his reasoning, as she wasn’t a little baby anymore. She was practically a grown lady at one year and the golden girl was certain that others her age have gotten to do all kinds of fun things by now. The most Despoine ever gets to do is try to escape her father’s sensitive eyes or attempt to mirror her mother’s aristocratic nonchalance. 

As she passed through the swaying grasses, Despoine brushed her muzzle along their tips like a child was wont to do – curious in exploring everything about her home environment. Her steps had disturbed a resting monarch butterfly and it fluttered from beneath the vegetation and onto her muzzle. She narrowed her amber eyes upon the creature and accused the poor thing of nefarious intentions. 

Did my Daddy send you?

Insect and child had a short staring contest before she broke it with a fit of laughter. The butterfly twitched its wings before flying off to find a less restless perch. She managed to escape her father’s clutches today due to her mother’s influence. Despoine had reluctantly been left in her mother’s care for the day and she had very easily gained permission to go off and explore. Her father would surely scold her when he finds out where she’s gone. But she would enjoy her brief taste of freedom for as long as she was able.

Messages In This Thread
    all that was me is gone; any - by despoine - 07-20-2016, 02:24 AM
    RE: all that was me is gone; any - by Eight - 07-21-2016, 12:42 PM
    RE: all that was me is gone; any - by despoine - 08-10-2016, 11:43 PM
    RE: all that was me is gone; any - by Eight - 08-11-2016, 10:41 AM