• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you make my heart go bang; pazuzu

Just stay away from the white light. I'd say your worst side's your best side.
    Fuck, those three little girls are perfect. Tiny fluffy angels with a little bit of the devil in their eyes. I was lost the moment Halo looked up at me and that impish grin of hers spread across her face. Drow says she looks just like he did when he was little, and I find that hard to believe. Pale as moonlight, just a little bit darker around her eyes and her lips, how the hell does that shed out to slick obsidian, black just tinted with a hint of brown? But I remember he did used to be lighter.

When I was a baby, he was something closer to the mocha shade of our late mother’s body, a blend of the intermingled brown and ash of her mane. His coat was a few shades darker by the time I was a yearling, and so often sporting fresh wounds, scars already tracing their intricate patterns across his skin. God, and when Mom died. We came so close to losing him that night, after so many years of him tearing himself apart trying in his messed up way to bring her home.

To be good enough for her.

These girls are never going to wonder if they’re good enough for their daddy. He’s a good man, my brother. A good father. And he’s so fucking happy it makes my heart ache. God, he should always be this happy. And my Pazuzu made it possible. My gorgeous, sexy as fuck, amazing Zuzu brought these three beautiful girls into the world for Drow and Zur. God, I could kiss him. Do. Regularly. But I could right now too, just looking at the beautiful gift he gave our family. His family too, and that feels like truth now. They’re his too, not just mine. And he’s theirs. It’s all so perfect.

Ugh, did I mention nursing makes me sappy as fuck?

Halo bumps her tiny little nose against my flank in thanks, licking her lips of the last drops of milk as she hums and walks forward to rub against my front legs. “Thanks, Auntie.” Her voice is a sleepy murmur, and I tuck her into a hug, holding her close to my chest while she yawns and rubs her face against me. “Love you,” she adds, kissing my cheek before she sneaks away to go curl up in a heap with her sleeping sisters.

I can feel the dopey grin on my face as I watch Halo wrap herself around Fury and drape her neck over Luna’s back. I can feel it, but I can’t make it go away. They’re adorable, they’re perfect, I love them so much I can barely breathe sometimes, and I want one.

Wait. Fuck. What?
    Just when you think that you're alright, I'm crawling out from the inside.
    Daeryssa
    of the restless heart

Messages In This Thread
    you make my heart go bang; pazuzu - by Daeryssa - 07-20-2016, 04:29 AM
    RE: you make my heart go bang; pazuzu - by Pazuzu - 07-20-2016, 07:56 AM
    RE: you make my heart go bang; pazuzu - by Pazuzu - 07-22-2016, 08:43 PM