• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Lagertha, any;
    and when I breathed, my breath was lightning
    Maybe the howler monkey was screaming because it saw a lion. They aren’t that fond of her, though the monkeys seem to understand that there’s something wrong about the lion in the Jungle. They don’t fear her in quite the same way they do the jaguars and the leopards, but of course, she doesn’t have quite the same climbing ability as they do either. Still, they tend to keep their distance as she prowls through the Jungle, still gold and white but certainly not a mare. The burn patch from Katros is still visible on her hip. The hair would regrow eventually, but it was still singed on the tips. She sort of liked it that way. Even as a lion, the singe marks didn’t seem to go away.

She can hear better this way though, and she hears a familiar voice along with an unfamiliar one that seems rather horrified at the screeching monkey. Rhy laughs, which comes out as a low rumble in this form as she slinks closer. She’s been gone for some time, but she feels better now. Or maybe not better, but simply more alive. Perhaps it’s time for her to stop pretending to be what she isn’t. Then again, she’s still not entirely sure she knows what she is, but she’s learning.

She slips out the dense tree cover to see the two mares there, right on cue as Lagethera mentions a gold and white mare. She shifts back then, though not until they’ve both seen the lioness. Lagertha will know, and the newcomer will get used to it. Lagertha is possibly the only horse in the Jungle that won’t shy at the sight of Rhy the Lionness, but even still, she has come to expect a slight pause. Even Scorch hesitates around her. Not necessarily out of fear, but certainly instinct. Rhy is deadly, though thankfully, she is also kind.

“She’s pretty fucking important, is the short answer,” Rhy says with a grin, taking a few more steps to close the answer. Yes, she’s been listening. “And you forgot the part where I’m not always a mare,” she adds with a grin. There’s something still very feline about her right now, something that is distinctly Rhy and yet not at all. She’s not sure what’s become of her entirely. Perhaps she’s just finally come alive. She wants to say something about the friend comment, but now doesn’t seem like the time, and so she simply meets Lagertha’s eyes for a moment before focusing on the newcomer.

“Ambassador and bloodrider, may I add. I think that also makes me pretty fucking important.” She says it with a grin though, electric dancing on her skin and in the gleam in her eyes. She doesn’t say it to be haughty, just to be silly, and that much is clear. “Who might you be?”

rhy

the electric lioness of riagan and rayelle

character reference here | character info here

Messages In This Thread
    Lagertha, any; - by Vyx - 04-27-2015, 09:26 PM
    RE: Lagertha, any; - by Lagertha - 04-29-2015, 07:20 PM
    RE: Lagertha, any; - by Rhy - 05-05-2015, 10:44 AM