• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

God's grace lost and the devil is proud | any

I bear my cross, my soul myself
    I forgive but I never forget

Mother told me this day would come.

Straight from the battlefield and into the womb, so she frequently says - she warns her when she becomes of age to beware of battles and the emotions they stir. But let it not be misconstrued; Mother would always want her to fight - it was in her blood to do so. Ithaca was not keen on any of the ideas Prague had for her but for a year she has listened to the stories of old and new, watched with her mother what has transpired from beneath the surface. Ithaca has not existed to the outside world beyond her Mother and the Gods but tonight would change that. The silver lioness had hoped that many of her children would be a good fit, a successor if you would for the Jungle but time and time again they had failed. Prague had pulled them from the Jungle, unbeknownst to them, and sent them wandering. Ithaca has been gifted the luxury of having a historian for a mother, so even at her ripe age of one she knows more than likely most of those ten times her age. She had been carefully plucked from the lot of children and with Lagertha's sudden disappearance her training would become an abrupt reality.

"Go, Ithaca - it is time for you to go, walk among them" the silver lioness whispers as the canopies of the trees rustle about, the old mare uncloaking her daughter from the ground and forcing her to move through the river and towards the opening. She's watched Lagertha call a few mares but now Lexa rules, Ithaca has no real opinion of her but Mother says she is fine. She slips quietly through the jungle, since no one is watching she doesn't bother hiding her gift - instead she walks right through the trees. There was no point in weaving if no one would see. Mother taught her lots of things but she didn't tell her what her real purpose was here, with the rest of them. The young filly was barely old enough to sustain on her own but here she was, ready to forge her proverbial sword and swear to protect the Amazons.

One day she will have purpose but for now she is content with just being.

She sees that a new day is on the horizon and surely the sisters would be around when it crept through each nook of the Jungle. The red ombre filly waits, she has no responsibilities yet and no sense of diplomacy. What a grand opportunity for a new Queen, to mould a young mind to fit her needs. 
    i t h a c a

ooc: I have no idea what this is because it's 1:20 am and I can't sleep.
    basically prague has been keeping her hidden, she's only a year old so be nice. she is baby. <3

Messages In This Thread
    God's grace lost and the devil is proud | any - by ithaca - 07-22-2016, 01:18 AM
    RE: God's grace lost and the devil is proud | any - by ithaca - 07-24-2016, 03:50 PM