• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

God's grace lost and the devil is proud | any

I bear my cross, my soul myself
    I forgive but I never forget

The filly is startled by the incoming mare and bolts forward by sheer fear, she had not walked among the tangible and the living just yet - it would take some time. Ithaca quickly finds that the mare seems eager to meet her and thus, the probability of an enemy or predator is low. Still, a small part of her wants to cry out for her mother but alas, she knows she will not respond. Mother was not much on coddling. "Hi, Odesza - resident of the Jungle,"she repeats back to the mare, trying to store her name in her mind. She processes each word as she says it, she's not accustomed to talking but it flows rather well. The black and maroon ombre child thinks for a moment after her next question.

Where was she from?

She was from nowhere and everywhere, traveling in the womb through space and time; she, too, had been merely stardust until oxygen coursed her veins; a gasp, a blink and alive she had been. She had been cloaked in invisibility, magically transported here; there - everywhere. She had watched the raid, she had memories of the war, all of it she soaked up like a sponge that had been dry for years. Her amber eyes blink idly as she looks upon the mare, what is appropriate to say when you're unsure what is an acceptable answer. "I'm from here, too, but I've never walked the jungle floors; I'm Ithaca," she says, after mulling over all the options - she speaks as if she's grown but she is very naive even with her mother's teachings. Some things you simply can't know better until you experience them. What is expected of her? What should she be doing right now? "What is our purpose here? What should I be doing, Odesza?"

Such heavy questions for someone, unbeknownst to Ithaca, that was just recently initiated - perhaps the new Queen would have more of a firm answer for the girl but until then it was simply a lofty question.

i t h a c a

Messages In This Thread
    God's grace lost and the devil is proud | any - by ithaca - 07-22-2016, 01:18 AM
    RE: God's grace lost and the devil is proud | any - by ithaca - 07-24-2016, 03:50 PM