• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I feel alive when I’m close to the madness - anyone
    Nerius was quite happy that he was getting the chance to hang out with his big sister today. Ever since he'd been weaned from his dam, and she'd given him permission to stray from her side at the distance he chose (within the kingdom for now, of course), he'd been eager to go out and explore. Eiria had offered that morning to spend the day with him, something he'd agreed to, after hearing Sirana and his dam, Anahi, had some business to attend to.

The grass tasted delicious to him, even if it had been near the end of autumn. He was able to live without his mother's milk, and getting to eat new things he'd never tried before made him happy. It improved his mood to the point where he could've eaten winter grass and it would've been delicious.

When the sun started to set, Eiria made a note that the two of them should head back to the herd. Agreeing with his older sister, they prepared to head back, but Eiria's attention drifted elsewhere when both horses picked up on a nearby voice. Eiria told Nerius to stay behind him, and though he wanted to argue that he was big enough to take care of himself, he did as she said. He stayed behind her as they walked along the bank, keeping behind the brush line to mask themselves from the sight of others.

The two of them peeked around the corner of the bank (Nerius peeked under his sister's belly since he didn't want to walk around her, lest he face her wrath). He was shocked to see the king of this kingdom, Kreios, along with his half-brother, Andras. Eiria walked up to them, questioning the king if he was okay.

Nerius walked up to his half-brother, a worried look in his eye, "Andras, what's happened? Is something wrong with the river? Why is Kreios still hurt? Are we going to be okay? Is the kingdom hurt?"

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I feel alive when I’m close to the madness - anyone - by Nerius - 07-24-2016, 05:06 PM