• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

pardon me, while i burst in flames. || KINGDOM MEETING [MANDATORY]
    LET ME IN THE WALL YOU'VE BUILT AROUND.
    WE CAN LIGHT A MATCH, AND BURN IT DOWN.

Winter descends once again upon the dusty, dried plains of the permafrost-encrusted land. A gentle flurry of powdery snow caresses the dull, yellowed landscape in a delicate, untouched blanket of white as the icy wind crawls over the tall slopes of surrounding mountains, casting its frigidity upon those caught within the canyon below. Quietly, the King looms from the very same hill-crest he had been erect upon mere weeks ago, his searing crimson eyes peering onto the lightly dusted field that lay below. 

The voice had echoed in his mind, as he was certain it had done to many others. Beqanna was angry - furious, for their greed and their fury had been too selfish and their misfortune too little. A lesson had to be taught, and with it, he was stripped away of his strength. He no longer harnessed the power to manipulate ice, and he watched as the wings were torn from a Brother's back, dissipating into the wind as if it had only been formed of dust. 

His heart aches, for he knows he is, in part, to blame. He had come to the aid of his allies, and had followed a path that his instinct had pleaded with him not to. He had made a grave mistake, one that he would sorely regret in the many years to come - and if he were to see the demon-inflicted male that had provoked the havoc again, he would surely tear the very flesh and sinewy muscle off of his pliable bones.

The sudden rumble of the Earth mere hours ago had been enough to disturb him, drawing him from a place of complacency while his mind wandered. The land no longer crackles and the air somehow feels empty - there is a change, and it is palpable. The deep bruises and healing wounds that litter his dark body continue to cause him discomfort, but he swallows the anguish and clenches his jaw tightly as he stands still, willing the ceaseless ache to fade away. His brow furrows as his thoughts begin to drift, focused on the burden of uncertainty. The once alluring, dangerous runes were now empty; lacking the hazy magic that had been bestowed there several generations ago. 

The heavy scarring left behind, as a mark of the Brotherhood's devotion and dedication, had faded away, and not only from his own body. He had observed many in the previous hours, those who had experienced the searing, callous demons that lingered within the cave long ago and those who had done so as early as that very morning. Each and every one, including himself (his heart had rattled upon looking at his own reflection; wounded and weary but lacking the prominent white marking that had once lain beneath his left eye), now lacked it. 

He knows that fear, dubiety and anger must be rippling through the frigid land, and so he must draw them together - his Brothers and Sisters, to discuss what has occurred. An atrocity lingers just beyond the horizon, and once more his instinct draws up tightly within the pit of his stomach. He knows trouble is brewing beneath the hardened soil, and even within the magma below and the stirring, grumbling sky overhead. It is only a matter of time.

"Brothers, sisters! Come! We must speak once more." He bellows, his voice booming against the stone and within the deadened space. He waits as they approach, burning eyes observing each familiar (and for some, unfamiliar) face. He shifts his weight carefully, ignoring the pang of pain along his left leg. It will heal, in time. "You have undoubtedly heard the call. The Gods are angry with us - and in part, it is my own fault. I have lent my support to our allies in the attempted undermining of the Deserts, which now .. I dare say, no longer exists." His heart clenches tightly in his chest. He can only hope those tucked away within the arid desert had escaped a salty, ocean grave. 

"The magic is gone. Your scars .. they are gone. The cave no longer holds the same properties it once had, and instead, it is empty. A monument to once was, and a brittle one, at that. I must ask of you to protect it. It will need someone on watch, night and day - a rotating shift. Will those who are willing step forward?"

He falls quiet for a long moment, exhaling a long breath from his aching lungs.

"The jungle has a new Queen. I require a diplomat - no more than two - to see to it. We must find out what Queen Lexa's intentions are, and where we will stand after this carnage. We .. no, I -" He pauses to think of Lagertha's sneering mug, her soulless eyes and her purposeful attempt on his life. If he never saw her again, it would still somehow be too soon. "- stood against Lagertha in combat. It is possible we may not be welcome, but lets seek neutrality. Respect their borders, as you would have them respect ours."

"And finally," He breathes heavily, heavy head dipping slightly as he observes those before him. "we prepare. Diplomats, reach out and seek recruits. Make contact with our allies and enemies alike, to see where they stand. Warriors, prepare to engage in mocks with our allies. We must hope for the best, yet prepare for the worst. Change is coming, it is upon the horizon, and it waits for no one."
    OFFSPRING

THE FIRE AND ICE KING OF THE TUNDRA

TLDR:

Please read "The Warning". 
    There are no more kingdom traits, no scars, and no magic in the cave.
    The cave must be protected or the kingdom will cease to exist.

Lagertha is gone; Offspring wants to see where Lexa stands in terms of alliance.
    He assumes hostile, as she partook in the raid, so proceed with caution, but seek neutrality. 
    At least meet her. Because Tinsel is amazing. :)
    He needs two diplomats to go; no more. Let's keep it short and simple.

Yael and Vanquish are gone. 
    The Deserts no longer exist.

Mocks will be set up with allies.
    He will need someone to take charge of that.

Any questions, PM me. :)

Messages In This Thread
    pardon me, while i burst in flames. || KINGDOM MEETING [MANDATORY] - by Offspring - 07-25-2016, 12:31 PM