• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  wolves in our own skin; clark

Wolves in our own skin, we're savages. We act so primitive.
    Something has been going on at home, something secret and quiet that no one will tell me about. It's nothing, love, but I see the concern in my fathers' faces. Everything's fine, sweetheart. But I would have to be blind to miss the restless patrolling night after night, Grandma and Uncle Pazuzu doing their utmost to ward our home against whatever might be coming.

They still see me as a child, for all that I'm five now. And why shouldn't they? I've done nothing since we got here but wander, meet a few people, and play with my baby sisters and my cousin. All of whom are growing up so fast, too. Everything moves so fast here, and it's hard for us to keep up. Of course they still see me as a child. It wasn't that long ago I was still a gangly, leggy adolescent with nothing to trouble me and just as little trouble to get into. And I've still done nothing to prove differently, not even...not even leaving the comfort of my family's home to try and make some kind of life for myself.

Maybe it's time I changed that.

I love them. All of them, so very much. But it's hard to be anything but my daddies' little girl living with them every day. Letting them protect me and take care of me. I'd miss them all terribly, but I don't have to leave, really. I could...maybe I could join the Dale. It's near home, near enough that Luna has already snuck off to go exploring there, and I could live part time in both places. I'd still be around for my sisters and Tycho, and my new baby cousin Aunt Ryss is carrying. I'd still be close enough that my family wouldn't have to fret too much...but I would be venturing out on my own.

Oh, I like that. I think I'll talk to my dads when I get home.

Wandering has always made it easier for me to think things through, which is how I find myself so far from home when I've finally sorted out the problem that has been bothering me for months, more and more as each one passed. My feet at least traced relatively familiar pathways, because when I pause to take stock, I realize I'm in the Forest. A place which is, as it happens, a great spot for meeting new people. So I might as well see who's around before I make my way home, huh?

With a friendly smile on my face, I amble through the snow-strewn forest, pausing to scratch against a tree with especially rough bark, to get at a hard to reach itch on my side. I'll stumble across someone new and exciting sooner or later, might as well enjoy myself and this lovely winter day in the meantime.
    Do the rain dance like you're on fire.

Messages In This Thread
    wolves in our own skin; clark - by Dara - 07-26-2016, 02:33 PM
    RE: wolves in our own skin; clark - by Clark - 07-27-2016, 05:28 PM
    RE: wolves in our own skin; clark - by Dara - 07-28-2016, 05:49 PM
    RE: wolves in our own skin; clark - by Clark - 08-03-2016, 09:49 AM
    RE: wolves in our own skin; clark - by Dara - 08-05-2016, 10:07 AM