• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I had a dream that we were dead {Estela}
    Estela notices how her brother leans into her tender kiss and how his relief is expressed through light. A smile stretches across her lips, softening her often-sharp edges. All she ever really wants is just them, together, as twins should be. Perhaps that’s why her body turns rigid when he admits to having met someone. Will that be someone to replace her? To take his mind off a sister that he doesn’t need? Her snarl is hidden from him, buried into his mane for a moment before she composes herself enough to ask, ”Who?” A pause as she tries to swallow past the lump in her throat, ”That’s wonderful to hear.” A lie, but she can’t bring herself to admit her jealousy just yet.

The mentioning of their parents distracts her, even just for the moment, and she nods her head slowly in response. ”I should probably try visiting since they are family,” but they aren’t as close to her heart as Jinn. They don’t mean quite as much, but they still matter to her. Ramiel is a brother and his children are her nieces and nephews. They are still connected by blood, forever.

But Estela’s mind doesn’t linger on their Dalean family for long. It’s still flickering back to Jinn’s admission to having met someone, back to her own jealousy. With her cheek gingerly pressed against his neck Estela croons to him ever sweetly. ”My brother,” she breathes loftily, ”be careful. No one understands you like our family. No one understands me like our family.” She tries to veer his mind, tries to make him think more bitterly and not be quite so intrigued by this stranger. ”This world wants to use us, to control us. Don’t let anyone do that to you. There are liars around us and manipulators.” A pause as her muzzle drifts slowly toward his poll. ”No one could ever love us. We are monsters, Jinn,” it hurts to admit that truth, but she hopes that what she says will hurt Jinn more. She hopes that he will second-guess this somebody and realize that comfort will only be found at the side of his sister.

Estela can only hope to keep her brother to herself.

Estela
    lies are dripping off your face

@[insane]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I had a dream that we were dead {Estela} - by Estela - 08-09-2016, 08:10 PM