• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

a beautiful start to a lifelong love letter; family welcome

I never knew this side of me, I never felt this way before.
    God, I love those violets. Painted up to look like me, sprawling across the ground and gorgeous and reminding me every damn time I look at them just how much I love my Pazuzu. Mom picked the right place, of course, the heart of home. Where else would we make our vows to each other? Where else would we seal in blood and fire and magic all the love that flows between us?

Hands are a fucking riot, and I’m going to enjoy the hell out of them tonight, once the crowd clears and we’re on our own. Meanwhile they’re a hell of a lot handier, pun only vaguely intended, for things like blood rituals and tattoing and whatnot, no? Plus I look killer in this dress, all powder blue and steel blue, edged in violet. My colors, just like the flowers scattered at our feet. And let’s be real, I’m giddy as hell. Just had my baby girl, who’s cuddled up with her cousins and her brother getting ready to watch the ceremony. Marrying or whatever the hell the man I love more than anything in the whole damn world. It’s a beautiful night.

And I love that the full moon’s shining down on us, watching over us like I hope Mom is. Makes it feel like she’s here, even if she’s been gone for decades now. I love you, Momma Luna. I hope you found peace. I think you’d like my man. He’s strong as hell, loves me with everything he is, and would do absolutely anything to protect me. Plus, that ass, am I right?

Grinning, I turn my attention to my mom, who’s raising her hands and calling forth fire to start the ceremony. Vows first, and naturally I dive right on that. I’d have sworn myself to him years ago, and there’s nothing left to hold me back. “Oh, love. You snuck into my heart with flowers and lightning and how goddamn amazing you’ve been with Tycho from the very first day. I wasn’t going to fall for you, not a damn chance, and you just crept right in and stole the heart from my chest. And I’m so glad you did. You’re my whole damn universe, babe, and I’m yours forever. As long as I live, and on into eternity.

“I promise to love you with everything I am, drive you crazy and make you love it, and hold on tight ‘til we’re both nothing more than dust. I promise to be your safe place, the way you’re mine. I love every part of you, even the ones you’re not so crazy about. Because all of it led you to me. Hell, I’m even glad Gendry set me on fire, the jackass, because it led me to you, even if it took a while.” Shit, does this mean I need to thank him? God dammit.

“You’ve got all of me, forever. Sound like a plan?”

My tattoos come first too, and I stare deep into Pazuzu’s eyes while Mom carves the symbol of our love onto my chest above my heart, smearing weird-ass magic blood ink into it and leaving it black and lovely against my skin. And then another, one that’s just mine. A symbol that means fearless, because that’s exactly how I feel with Pazuzu in my life. Like I’ve got nothing to be afraid of ever again, because he’ll always have my back. And my front.

I leer just a little at him, and if we weren’t very much otherwise occupied I’d jump him where he stands. Later. There will be plenty of time for that later. When my tattoos are done, I watch him get his, my marks permanently etched into his skin. God, I love it. I love that people will be able to just look at us and know, forever. That I’m his. That he’s mine. Mmm, I want to bite him, stake my claim on him in front of everybody. Ha, but I guess Mom’s doing the staking for me, tattooing our bond onto him and all. It’ll do.

For now, at least.

Ah, and then it’s time for the esoteric bit where I stand around and let Mom do her thing, holding hands with Drow and Zur and beaming across the fire at my Pazuzu. Just waiting, feeling just little inklings of whatever it is Mom’s up to, fortifying the bonds between all four of us. Lightning dancing beneath my skin, reaching out to Zu and echoing through my bonds with all three of them.

I squeeze Drow’s and Zur’s hands, holding on tight to them too, just like I promised to do with Pazuzu. And when Mom ends with a kiss to my forehead and closing words and finally declares the ceremony done, I leap into Pazuzu’s arms, because of course he’ll catch me, and wrap mine around him and drag his face to mine for a long, lingering kiss. “Mine.”

And once all four of us have come up for air, I go give Drow a gigantic hug and a quick kiss, and grin at him. “Congrats, brother-mine. Take care of that sexy man of yours, huh?” His answering grin is exactly what I wanted to see, so I bump my shoulder against his and then sneak into the arms of my new brother-in-law. “Hey, you,” I murmur and kiss him too. “Welcome to the family, Zurry.”

Okay, okay, are we done now? I’d really like to drag my Pazuzu off and seal this bond in a much more fun way.
    You make my heart go bang, and I know that we've only begun.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: a beautiful start to a lifelong love letter; family welcome - by Daeryssa - 08-03-2016, 08:17 PM