• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

a beautiful start to a lifelong love letter; family welcome

You take me places I've never been
    As I take the shape that we had fallen in love in, and the shape that we had had when Dara was just a little girl.....Sadness creeps into my heart at what I had missed. I just sit there a moment, my elbows on the knees of my jeans. Perhaps not the most suitable attire for a handfasting, but most certainly what I was most comfortable in. Anything else seemed wrong. Shirts? I match a dark gray long sleeve thermal one to my dark blue jeans and call it good.

But that was later, after I sat there on a log for a few minutes, moving past Abaddon and all that had came with it. Moving past the fact that I missed so much of Dara's youth and broken Drow's heart almost.

I didn't know if I felt worthy enough after all that to stand here and pledge myself to him forever and after. But I wasn't about to let go again, even if the first time had been out of my control. I was grabbing tight to him and holding him close. At least in these forms we were more of the same height. And it was easy to tuck him into my side, my chest, where ever I wanted him and vice versa. Nights from long ago sneaking into my mind....

No, tonight was for us. Tonight was for the now and staking our claims on each other so the whole world would know. And wouldn't they with the marks clawed into our skin and the love apparent in our eyes?

Ryss looks beautiful in her dress. I smile warmly at her, even as my eyes rove Pazuzu over. I smile again at him. I always figured he would be a dapper dresser. My eyes linger on my mate, on my Drowling and there's so many emotions that threaten to choke me for a moment. I push some of them away. I wouldn't have the doubt I occasionally struggled with clouding this day. Happiness burns itself in my heart as well as the deep love I have for him.

There was nothing I wouldn't do for him. Nothing I wouldn't give for him. And I was so grateful that I had another chance. My heart gives a throb of ache and I press my hand to it momentarily. I slide the sleeves of the shirt up past my elbows, taking his hands in my mind.

The vows.

"Oh my Drowling." I start, emotion already making my voice thick. "I cannot convey how much I love you with words or actions, but I hope that somehow with a mix of it all I can give you an idea. You are what I hold on tight to, what I remembered when I could remember nothing else. And I will give all of myself to you every day for the rest of our days, as long as it will be. I will give you honesty and love and commitment and protect you and our girls with my life if need be." I touch his cheek, sliding my hand until my palm rested on his cheek and my fingers curl at the back of his neck. "I love you and will continue to love you even after we are both bones."

My eyes search his, smiling when I see what I needed to. And even though I know it was his idea to do this, even though I know he loved me with all he was too, I had been worried there for a moment that things were going to go bad.

It had to be the patrols around the edge of the herdland. The darkness that was lurking just out of reach. The thing that made us all a little uncomfortable, and made our skin crawl sometimes in the darkest part of the night. It had to be that which was giving me a bad feeling. Drow would not cast me out now. He would not be so cruel.

Tingling shadows lurking of Abaddon slid into my mind and I have to shake my head slightly to rid myself of the darkness. There was no place for it here.

The pain is sharp and brings me back to the now. Our hands together, the blood mingling and all I can think of is Dara chomping on both her daddies when she had been 'born.' This brings a soft smile to my lips and the tingling energy of Quark's healing sends the darkness away, pushing it back farther.

The carving of the rune into my chest and more healing magic pushes it out of reach. A small smile to Quark when I meet her eyes and a small nod of thanks.

The bonds between us are already strong but this ritual strengthens it. I squeeze their hands and when we are done I kiss my Drowling until I need a breath. I pull away from him with a soft gasp, closing my eyes and resting my forehead against his for a small moment. I slide my hands up to cradle his face and then rest my elbows on his shoulders as we lean against each other for a moment, staring into his eyes. "I love you." I say softly, pressing another soft kiss to his lips before Ryss is there and I smile, stepping back to congratulate Pazuzu as well.

I tug him back and kiss him lightly on the lips. "Brother." And smile when he turns away before pulling Ryss into a hug. I kiss her lightly on the lips as well, careful with her even though I know she can take the rough. But if anyone puts bruises on her today it will be her mate...all of us after perhaps?

"Thank you beautiful." I say, squeezing her again and then letting her go back to Hers. I wrap myself up in Drow, inhaling the way he smells and feels against me. I laugh. "Newbies." First time with hands and all they want to do is have sex....but who was I kidding. I could remember many times with hands.....

Hmm.. My eyes are smoldering a little when I meet Drows.

When I keep falling, you show me things that I've never seen

Messages In This Thread
    RE: a beautiful start to a lifelong love letter; family welcome - by Arzhur - 08-06-2016, 01:27 PM