• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll close my eyes; Magnus
    I'll close my eyes and dream of days when I wasn't all alone

If only she could go back and transport herself to where everything fell out of place. Where she was beaten, and abused, broken and mended. If only she had fought a little harder for her own freedom, then she would be in her homeland. Of course she was one of the lat few victims of the war, finally freed from her chains but, she was no longer that innocent girl that everyone had come to love.

Immensely scarred limbs guide her beneath that same willow tree, where Magnus first found her. The stench of soot and ash entangled with sweat lingers on her body. As burgundy lobes swivel to the vocals of song birds, within the canopy of the willow.  It's flimsy vine like branches filter down her silver dappled body, as a gentle breeze played at her golden mane. Little pests buzz about her body, her tail lashing out at those who dared to land upon her body.

For once tranquility runs through her veins. A feeling she had missed so dearly. Her shoulder blades roll in unison as a figure comes into view, "Hello?" She stumbles on her words, allowing her honey sweet vocals to enter the atmosphere. It had been so long since she used such a sweet tone, she couldn't find herself to miss it in herd life but, now she was just realizing how much of her old self she yearned to return to.

becca

image © nathan walker

Okay this is horrible. I am so sorry I just wanted to get Becca in the field before it was too late.
    Anyways, I'd prefer if Magnus confronted her since she hasn't seen him in forever also, I think she'd feel more comfortable around him than just a plain stranger. Considering she's been through a lot already.

we carry these things inside that no one else can see
    they hold us down like anchors; they drown us out at sea

The field was quiet today—the few horses there mingling quietly amongst themselves, the breeze soft and the sun cool. Autumn was just beginning to fall upon Beqanna, and Magnus found himself thrilled to see the changing of the seasons. He enjoyed the crisp bite in the air—the changing color of leaves. It brought him a deep satisfaction to walk through the Gates and see its usual pastels turn to browns and auburns.

A new season; a new chance for the kingdom to rise again.

It was enough to bring a strange quiet to his soul, the golden stallion walking along the edge of the field with his eyes half-closed, his pace leisurely. It was an appreciated reprieve from the turmoil that he had been experiencing in the last few days: the hours of bitter fury and anxious regret. It was a wonderful chance for him to simply shake off the political upset and go back to his roots: hard work, solidarity.

Becca’s scent caught him by surprise, the smell familiar, and he found that he was moving toward it before he realized what he was doing. “Becca, how are you?” he called out when he was a few yards away, his handsome face breaking into a grin. He took several large steps toward his, his pace ranging and wide. But when he got closer, his face fell, mouth instantly pulling into a frown. “What’s wrong?” He felt it in his gut, and, unsettled, he came to a stop, ears flicking back and forth atop his head in confusion.

magnus

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]