• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A Golden Touch

If I could be the reason your hair's a mess,
    The bass drum beatin way down deep in your chest

The golden boy strode proudly into these new lands, white tail flagging behind him like a banner. At first glance he appeared to be of the desert tribes, but upon getting closer you could see the muscularity and height that his mother's Quarter horse breeding had given him. An exquisitely dished face sat top a long swan neck, cupped ears dainty upon his skull. His coat shines like a new penny in the late morning sun, his mane a silken expanse of white that reaches his shoulders. A splash of white marked his belly while four irregular stockings adorned his long slender legs. From afar you might think him a very pretty mare, until you got closer and saw the more stallionesque build. Midas welcomed the heat of summer, his father's Arabian blood making him well suited to the heat.

His meandering brought him to a wide field, the grass a verdant carpet beneath his hooves. Nostrils fluttered as he scented the air, the welcome scents of new people filtering into his brain. It was nice to be out of the forest where he had grown up, far away from the island of his birth. He picked a spot under the boughs of an oak tree, leaning against the rough bark. Dark chocolate eyes swept the lush field before him, noting the ladies who were scattered here and there. Perhaps soon he would go and talk to them, but first he needed a home to take them to.

He knew a den of evil would not be to his liking, he was too tenderhearted and caring for that. Yes, he could and would fight to the death for those under his protection, but he was no unfeeling monster. Perhaps there were lands of neutrality or goodness here. The last place he'd been had housed only monsters, and it hadn't taken him long to leave. He was too much his father's son to ever be the rapist or abuser that he'd seen some of those men be. More bees were attracted with honey than vinegar is what his father always taught him, and drilled into his skull the attitudes of a gentleman. He saw how happy his father had been with his herd, and how much each of his mares seemed to adore him and the way he treated them. Midas wanted that for himself, and perhaps here he could make that happen.

If I could be the voice on your radio,
    Then I could be your long ride home.
    Midas

there's no religion that could save me

no matter how long my knees are on the floor

i'll pick up these broken pieces 'til i'm bleeding

if that'll make it right

Well, well, well. What have we here? A peculiar little rabbit upon the corner of the Field, a hippity-hopping upon four white-bark lined paws, stalking his prey with glowing blue eyes. He’s a rather cute little thing, all fuzzy brown, though nearly black. His whiskers twitch and his lil bunny tail waggles, making him the most irresistible wittle bunny wabbit in all of existence.

Really though, he’s a sinister teen with a penchant for being incredibly gay and telling people to go kill themselves. In a helpful manner, of course.

A-hopping through the tall grasses, the adorable little hare spots a beeeautiful stud making his way downtown. I mean, downhill. Of course, the poor bunny can only catch glimpses of his future paramour, as he must jump very high to see over his sea of green. He’s about figured that hopping up to this pretty horsie would be quite the fantastic – and seductive – surprise, when urgency overwhelms him and he suddenly must be drooling all over that hot boy.

Setting his skin on fire for the most miniscule of moments, Nihlus suddenly stands at his full seventeen hands, tall and slim, the same shade of bay-black with white-bark-lined legs are charmingly strange glowing blue eyes. In the next moment, the stallion is off at a gallop, barreling towards the sun-boy, towards love.

Or y’know, flirtation and then rejection.

"My my, they make them pretty these days, don’t they?” He drawls in a sexy alto voice, slowly looking first down, and then aaaaalll the glorious way back up. He is technically recruiting, but gods be damned if he doesn’t first try to flirt it to death. "Tell me, pretty boy, what it is they call you.” He flips his head, tossing his forelock from his eyes dramatically, and quite Justin-Beiberishly. "Anyone can call me Nihlus, but you aren’t just anyone…”

Oh, Nihlus. You never cease to amaze.
    Nihlus
    rain manipulating, rabbit shifting son of Sinder & Noori

somebody make me feel alive

Shatter loved the sun seemed determined to prevail over the storm clouds brewing in the afternoon sky. She relished the weak sunlight that filtered down and bathed her in it’s warmth and giving her a confidence she may not have found otherwise. She had spent the winter holed up in the Falls ruling and it had made her restless. The faint sunshine was as good an excuse as any to get out and stretch her legs.

She left the safety of the Falls quickly behind her as she wandered familiar paths and trails. With a sudden giggle and burst of rebelliousness, the silver queen kicks up her heels and gallops through the melting snow drifts, relishing the sweetness accompanied with stretching her muscles. Her long legs flowing quickly over the ground and her body a gunmetal work of art. She steers her course towards the fields after she has gotten the worst of the restlessness out of her system. If she was going to be out here anyway why not try to accomplish something.

The queen is pleasantly surprised by how warm the field is as she crosses the border into the neutral territory. The sun is shining a bit stronger here and quite a bit of snow has melted leaving patches of grass to poke through. Shatter pauses to take a drink from a nearby pond and take stock of the various hopefuls milling around. Her attention is drawn to a striking golden horse standing beneath the boughs of one of the many trees that grew tall here. Gingerly, the pretty queen picks her way over towards where the equine stands. Flashing a charming smile she starts her spiel.

“Hi there! My name is Shatter Me, it’s a pleasure to meet you. What may I call you and what are you looking for here?”

Shatter Me

He hadn't been alone long when a large stallion approaches him, the dark man possessing some rather..unusual attributes. Head tilted slightly as the other spoke and looked him over, a perplexed expression plastering itself on his face. Was this other stallion flirting with him? Midas had heard of such things but had never experienced them himself, so he was slightly confused. Of course the other male did have a rather...forceful presence with those glowing blue eyes. Tossing his head to clear the long creamy forelock from his dark eyes he was about to answer when a radiant vision of female loveliness approached them, and introduced herself. Golden lips pulled into a friendly smile, ears swiveling to encompass her silky voice. Dipping his head in a regal gesture of greeting, he introduced himself to both of them politely.

I am called Midas. It is a pleasure to meet you both, Nihlus and Shatter Me. I have just arrived in these lands and I seek a home, far away from my father's sphere of influence so that I am not always compared to him.

Long tail brushed the ground as he rustled it against his gilded flanks, extending his muzzle to exchange breath with first Nihlus and then Shatter Me. He had never felt a pull towards another male before, it was quite odd. Perhaps it was some sort of magic that the larger man was working on him? Or a side effect of the glowing eyes? But the beautiful mare, he knew why he was attracted to her. Feminine and exquisitely made, she was the epitome of female beauty. Pulling his muzzle back, he spoke again, his voice surprisingly deep for all his pretty boy looks.

Do both of you have homes or are you here searching for them as well?

Midas
    love is a temporary madness...
    The soft sunlight streaming down caresses her red coat as she floats lazily in an open patch of sky, free from the clouds threatening a spring storm. Her russet gaze is fixed upon the ground as she watches the comings and goings of the field far below. She had been monitoring for some time, patiently waiting for a likely candidate for recruitment. When she spies the golden stallion, her interest is piqued. As she drops slowly from the sky, she notes that others have been quicker than she to approach. She immediately recognizes the Falls’ queen, and a smile touches her dark lips. The young stallion however, she has not seen before, and she wonders from where he hails.

Alas, she is left to wonder. As she drops to the ground a short distance from the trio, she can easily hear the conversation. As she approaches the group, a radiant smile touches her lips, brightening her delicate features. Her russet gaze holds warmth and curiosity as it settles upon the stallion, who had just introduced himself as Midas. Inserting herself easily into the conversation, a teasing glint enters her eyes as she glances from Midas to Nihlus.

“I do hope that I am not interrupting.”

Turning her gaze to Shatter, she offers her a brief greeting, before turning her attention back to the stallion with the golden coat. A smile rests easily upon her features as she introduces herself.

“I am Elysteria, of the Dale. I understand that you are in search of a home. Would you be interested in hearing more of the Dale? I believe you would make a fine Dalean, if you think that it would suit.”
    elysteria
    image c nadyabird.deviantart.com; html c Insane

there's no religion that could save me

no matter how long my knees are on the floor

i'll pick up these broken pieces 'til i'm bleeding

if that'll make it right

Suddenly, without even so much as a nod of recognition, a mare arrives. She is a pretty mare, but Nihlus would be damned if he commented on it now. Instead, he snorts insultedly, turning his head so as to exclude the queen from his field of vision. The only horse he is here for is the one which had so grabbed his interest: the beautiful palomino. Throwing the rudeness of the Falls leader from his mind, Nihlus quirks his lips, eying up his new friend whilst he awaits an answer.

"The pleasure is certainly mine, Midas.” He purrs in a low voice, smiling provocatively. Listening attentively with both words, Nihlus notices the baritone notes in the golden man's voice, and appreciates them with another lift of his lips. "My home is in many places, but today I represent the Tundra. We are a kingdom of men, though women are allowed within our borders. We've a freshly coronated king - Errant, my magic great-uncle, that is.” The stallion's darkly lined lips part to speak further when yet another woman joins the group, though at least this one greets him.

Allowing her her part - very rushed, I might mention; she's been talking to him for 0.4 seconds and already she just knows that he's perfect for the dale - Nihlus watches Midas closely. That is, he watches the way the breeze plays with his creamy white mane, watches his deep chest expand and contract with each breath, watches those dark eyes flit about from recruiter to recruiter. Nihlus has always been very observant of beauty; it has just taken him this long to figure out which type of beauty is his favourite. Looking appreciatively upon Midas, he decides that it is this type of beauty which most appeals to him.

"While I wish to be as... trusting... as Elysteria, perhaps you'd first like to hear about each of our kingdoms in depth. Besides being a bachelor kingdom, the Tundra is a brotherhood. If you find yourself wishing to serve the Tundra as a loyalist, there is a cave amongst human ruins where you face your deepest fears. If you resurface, a scar is placed amongst your skin, and you become a Brother.” He smirks casually, leaning his weight to one side, like a senior crossing his arms and leaning against the wall just for you, my dear Midas. "As you might guess with those wandering eyes of yours, I'm no brother yet. It's a personal choice, but I still serve. You could too. With... me.”

Nihlus
    rain manipulating, rabbit shifting son of Sinder & Noori

Dark eyes light on the newcomer, a pleasant smile tugging at his white lips. At least the denizens here were friendly, although Nihlus was making him question whether he actually did like females or not. Though the two females that had approached him were indeed true beauties, the warm smile of the one who called herself Elysteria reminded him of the smile of his mother. Sweet and light with an air of innocence that could turn deadly if you messed with those she loved. Turning his attention back to the larger stallion, he listens as he talks of the bachelor herd, a light chuckle escaping his lips as the other talked of roving eyes. Tossing his head to rid his eyes of the creamy forelock that had fallen over them, he spoke again.

It is a pleasure to meet you, Elysteria. And I would like to hear more of each of your kingdoms, though the bachelor kingdom does sound intriguing. I've never lived within a kingdom of only males before. Are all the horses here as interesting as you two? I saw you land, Elysteria, but I don't see any wings. And you, Nihlus, appear to have white bark on your legs. Is it really bark or is it simply markings that mimic the shading of bark?

Curiously he lowers his head to inspect the other male's legs, his curiosity getting the better of him at last. White muzzle hovers inches from Nihlus' skin, dark eyes peering at the curious bark-like texture of his legs, nostrils quivering as they inhale the heady scent of him. He'd never had another male effect him in this way before, perhaps it was some sort of magic of the land? Or perhaps it was just the magic of Nihlus himself. Glancing up at Elystera, he tries to perceive the wings that he could not see, though he knew he'd seen her flying. And horses just didn't fly without wings did they? Where on earth did he find himself that these things were possible?

Midas
    Revised version will be up tomorrow. Sorry!