• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Lay Awake At Night-[Romek]
    She Decided To Start Living The Life She Wanted

The appaloosa filly was plopped on the ground with her twin brother, a father they never met and a mother who did not want them. They would surely die without anyone to support them, fresh newborns Espeon hoisted herself off the ground and onto her wobble newborn legs. She called out to any and all who could here her, she gazed at the faerie who fluttered away, the one who dropped her and her brother off. This den was cozy but something about it was eerie, the cave was lonely without only one or two others around. She could not see anyone else, only hear there cries every now and than. 

The colt who was already on his feet stood up and gazed around, he pressed his body against his sister trying to comfort the mare in this scary time. His silver spots reflected off the light provided in the den. we will be okay Espeon he said gently as he moved to nuzzle her shoulder. There mother might have dropped them off but she managed to name them before doing so. The colt was of a larger build than his sister, he was more of a draft while she was petite and slim.

Espeon

@[Romek]

OOC: Short and crappy but I wanted to get something up, in case romek still wanted to adopt foals:p
    ROMEK
    Truth be told, Romek has been cruising the adoption den for quite some time. For whatever reason, he had been somewhat hesitant about actually talking to any of the children. He had never, well, been a father before. He had fathered before, of course, but it was a child he had never met, to a mother he had only met once.

It was daunting.

But here he was. He looked around nervously (probably even more nervously than the children). How was he supposed to go about picking out which abandoned child to take home? What would happen to the others? How the hell did anyone ever manage to make this choice before him?

So, he just approaches the first child he sees. Coincidentally, there’s two of them, although they are so mismatched that he wonders whether they are close friends, rather than twins.

”Hi, kids,” he says, a little uneasily, reaching down to exchange breaths. ”My name is Romek. What are you called? Are you related?” he smiles down to them, hopefully to reassure them that he is not a scary baby-eater.
    fuck all your dreams, they’re not all they seem
    She Decided To Start Living The Life She Wanted

It was not long before the pair was accompanied by a third horse, he was very dark and much taller than the twins. He appeared to be here with good intentions, but something about him seemed to be nerve wracking. He wasn't the only one, Espeon was clearly terrified, the only adult they knew left them here to rot; while Espeon was petrified Durotan put on tough skin and stood before her, he had nothing to lose and wanted to comfort his sister. hi kids the stallion spoke.

The stallion spoke in a gentle voice, he said his name was Romek and asked what the twins were, and if they were related. For whatever reason Espeon instantly perked up at the gentle voice of the stallion, she stepped aside her brother and quickly bumped noses with him as he lowered his head. I'm Espeon! This is my brother Durotan! she said with so much excitement in her voice, are you here to take us home!? she asked with promise in her eyes. 

Durotan cocked his head toward his sister, she had so much faith that someone would come and scoop the two up, but that is not always how life went. He would introduce himself but his sister already did that for him, he just stood off and watched her interact with the stallion.

Espeon

@[Romek]
    ROMEK
    The poor things looked terrified, but seemed to be soothed by his voice. The filly did, anyway, bumping noses with him eagerly. She introduced them both and asked if he was going to take them home. That was the plan, right?

”It’s nice to meet you both.” he says sincerely, snuffling Espeon before reaching out to Durotan. He reminded him of himself, in a way, stoic, trying to keep everything under wraps.

”I can take you both to my home. If you want.” he pauses, a little awkwardly, unsure how to word it. ”If you want to live with me, that is. And… I’ll look after you both and we’ll have fun playing in the snow and annoying everyone. How does that sound? Durotan? What do you think?”

He hopes he is not overwhelming them all at once. He watches them with some concern, head tilted.
    fuck all your dreams, they’re not all they seem

ooc:
    Imma post for them in the Tundra on the Romek/Maribel thread Smile