• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

badblood. [any/all]

M

O

U

N

T

A

I

N

Anything I say you lie along with me

Every song you sing is all because of me

The Amazonian border is at least two miles behind me when the rage that sat just beneath the surface boiled over.

"IHATEYOUIHATEYOUIHATEYOUIHATEYOU!" The words find their way to my lips, a mantra - a chant. A continuous string of noise that is upset and angry and ready to tear someones face off, if the opportunity so arose. How DARE they? HOW DARE THEY? I replayed each conversation in my head and could think only of wiping that insane smirk off both of their faces. My ass smarted from the gaping hole in it, which was bleeding again with the journey back home.

Home. That's where I would bring this all to frutition. This is where I can conspire with my men and bring about the change necessary to best those lesbian whores. Yes! That's what they are!

When I cross into the border my chant has become a murmur, but it is still very much upset. I will find my men, we will plan together. No, nothing so silly and crass as to steal. We must maim. We must destroy. I am filled with bloodlust now, ready for the barrel to crack.

Anytime I cry you always laugh at me.

No matter what you do you belong to me

I’ve been reading in National Geographic about the Natives of Papua New Guinea. They would go to war with a neighboring tribe, when they conquered them the winners would eat the vanquished tribe’s best warriors, their medicine man, and their chief. Do you think it's possible to take someone's power by eating their flesh? Or could you do it just by bathing in their blood?

The great spotted stallion's shadow was no less a fixture on the Tundra's borders than their great ice wall - he had been waiting for this day, a day he knew would come, one he had hoped for. Even if he had not been patrolling the borderlines, the wind would have brought him news of the fool's return. He could smell his scent - frenzied and laden with the Jungle's stench but no less his scent, Kratos made sure to remember it. After all, scents tended to change a bit after they were reduced to mere ash and bone. 

Kratos steps into the path that Mountain travels, head held high and recoiled on a sinewy neck, his ears laced back to his skull and with a predator's smile he says, "oh no, what's upset our Mountain?" His tone is sugary sweet, frighteningly so - "you look so terribly bothered," he says with a tilt of his heavy white head. And even though the concern is fake, the words were still sticky and heavy on his tongue. But he says them nonetheless with a smile that dripped lightning like blood from a fresh wound, "and so cold, too." Errant had instructed the Brothers to inform the usurped king of his banishment if they were to run across him and Kratos would - eventually.

"Let me warm you up, before you go on your way," wide black jaws open before a tendril of lightning crawls past his lips to reach for Mountain's skin. He doesn't aim for anything specifically; anywhere his burning electricity hit would deliver his message clear enough. He doesn't strike with enough intent to truly maim Mountain, but it would certainly leave an everlasting token of Kratos' opinion of him (if he hadn't managed to scurry away from the quick attack altogether). "You're no longer king here, you are nothing here, just like you are nothing as you stand before me," the condescension is heavy and there is no arrogance in his statement, only the facts of the matter. "Now get the fuck out before I turn you into a smudge on the snow."

K R A T OS
    vanquish x lyric

Ooc - Mountain is fantastic. Again. Lol. Sorry had to write from phone I'll make it pretty late
    when my time comes around
    lay me gently in the cold dark earth

Errant does not keep track of each atom of the kingdom as some magicians do, an so he is unaware of Mountain returns until he feels the crackle of misplaced lightning racing through the air. Either Kratos has taken to electrocuting anyone near the border, or their king has finally returned from the Jungle. It’s been only a few hours since they had made their decision, and Errant is not sure that he is entirely prepared.

He would feel the same way with months of preparation though, and so he steps away from his grazing and appears beside Kratos in an instant.

“Stop that,” he says to Kratos, but makes no attempt to actually restrain him. The white stallion is free to continue to badger Mountain, but he’ll be disobeying the king he’s just pledged his loyalty to, and Errant is not forgetful.

“Mountain,” says the black king, taking a step forward so that he is slightly ahead of the massive white stallion at his side. “The Brotherhood has unanimously voted to both dethrone you and banish you from the Tundra.” This won’t end well, he knows, but it’s best to get all of the words out of the way so that they can deal with the aftermath as quickly as possible. “Kratos and I will accompany you to the edge of the kingdom. If you attempt to return, it will be on punishment of death.”

And now they wait for verbal fireworks that Errant is sure will be even more impressive than Kratos’ lightening.

e r r a n t

no grave can hold my body down
    i'll crawl home to her

[Image: leaanderrant_zpsqa4goyjv.gif]

His lips still bore the traces of lightning when his grandfather appeared at his side and with a snort of exaggerated annoyance he clips his heavy jaws shut, staunching the devastation that poured past his lips. With a hard swallow he bellies the wild lightning that crashed through his throat and begged for release, but he clamped his mouth and allowed a single ear to unlace from his black mane, begrudged but still compliant - an obvious display of his loyalty. It ached his soul to bow to anyone other than his father but Vanquish had instilled in him enough to know to obey his king – never mind that he was his closest living relative, besides his siblings.

Siblings he had not laid eyes on in many years. Full-blooded and halved, the spotted titan had many brethren at his reach and yet he did not. Soon, perhaps. But for now he idles at Errant’s side, an insidious white shadow. If he could not stand beneath the Nightwalker, who else besides his grandfather? Moreover, Kratos kept the knowledge that the Tundra’s new magic king held power tenfold his own, which helped his wildling heart bridled in his chest.

A single black ear swivel’s toward Mountain as the new king finishes speaking, that same predatory smile slipping across his crackling mouth once more, “I’m ready to go whenever you are,” he says as his oil-black gaze slides to Mountain's once more, goading him - daring him, make his fucking day.

K R A T OS
    vanquish x lyric

ooc - sorry, just had super muse for this one

M

O

U

N

T

A

I

N

I've only traveled a few feet within the border of my kingdom when a stallion appears before me and speaks - what's upset me? I'll tell you what's upset me. "Those whore Amazons," I respond quickly, unaware of any malice he may have. "They've crossed us in an unexcuseable way..." I am speaking when the shock of lightening hits me in the shoulder, causing me to jump back. "Excuse you," I hiss. I'd spoken over him, didn't hear his words about my position in the kingdom.

It doesn't take long, perhaps seconds, before Errant appears. He materializes, making me jump back, still smarting from the shock of lightening. A lot of jumping in a short time. "You'd be smart to mind where you throw that," I say.

It's then I hear the words.
    It's then I realize what's being said.

At first, silence. Then, a laugh. A solid belly laugh, deep down from my core to my mouth. "You're king? No, you're wrong. I am king. I will be king until I die. This is my kingdom. If you try to usurp me, you will be banished."

I'm not going anywhere.

I love you guys for playing this with me Smile
    I’ve been reading in National Geographic about the Natives of Papua New Guinea. They would go to war with a neighboring tribe, when they conquered them the winners would eat the vanquished tribe’s best warriors, their medicine man, and their chief. Do you think it's possible to take someone's power by eating their flesh? Or could you do it just by bathing in their blood?
    when my time comes around
    lay me gently in the cold dark earth

Kratos appears content to stop his electric taunting, leaving Errant free to focus on Mountain. The former king says something about the Amazons, but since they’ve just been rather helpful, Errant does not much care. He only shakes his head and listens as Mountain talks over Kratos and misses the younger stallion’s announcement of his banishment.

The laughter is sudden and out of place, and Errant cocks his head to the side, watching the stallion with his cool grey gaze. The Brotherhood had already declared him mad and Errant is not surprised that he continues to prove it, but it would have been easier if Mountain were a more logical creature. He’s not surprised that Mountain has made the jump – Errant is now king – because they know that he is mad, not slow.

They could argue back and forth (“I’m king,” “No you’re not,” “Yes I am”) for an endless amount of time, Errant is sure. But he has no interest in doing so. “You have no power here anymore. You will leave, or we will make you.” Errant is not as physically impressive as Kratos (and he lacks the aura of invincibility that magicians have taken to wearing; he is only a horse.) but he is serious, and he takes another half step forward as a clear threat.

“The majority wanted you killed on sight; you’re fortunate Kratos and I found you first.” Kratos was a member of that majority, but Errant does not say so. “You will leave the Tundra, and you will leave now.” He pins his ears, a fair warning, and snakes his head forward to nip at Mountain’s shoulder. He doesn’t mean to land a bite, just to scare the younger horse into motion.

e r r a n t

no grave can hold my body down
    i'll crawl home to her

Big Grin this is fun!
    [Image: leaanderrant_zpsqa4goyjv.gif]
    the walls kept tumbling down in the city that we love
    great clouds rolling over the hills
    and if you close your eyes, does it almost feel
    like nothing's changed at all?

There are limited ways in and out of the Tundra…at least for those who are stuck to the land and the movement their own four legs allow. One of their borders is the ocean, and even if you wanted to brave swimming amongst the whales and the sharks, the cold of the arctic ocean would kill you. The other borders…well, he was responsible for those. He’d drawn the majestic ice walls from the earth twice now; the first before the war with the Valley, but that wall had melted when the heat came. But he was loathe to leave his Kingdom unprotected, so when the ground was well and truly frozen, Brennen had drawn it forth again, towering of his head. Impossible to leap, nearly impossible to break; you had to use the entrances he’d left open (unless you could fly, or teleport).

It made their jobs so much more efficient. Brennen could guard their skies, and the ground-bound brothers could guard the few passages through the wall.  

He’s tempted to leave them be – with Errant alongside Kratos, he’s confident the situation is handled. But a part of him is pettier than that – he wants Mountain to know that all of the brothers have united against him, not a mere few. So he drifts to the ground with a careless ease, walking the last few steps to close the distance between himself and his Brothers, his regularly friendly gaze hard. He is quiet – Errant and Kratos had said all that needs to be said.

Brennen is just another face. Another warrior, if need be, but surely Mountain won’t really make them kill him. And if he does, the spotted boy seems eager enough to take care of it.

brennen
    immortal, winged, bone-bending, ice-manipulating, wind-manipulating Tundra warrior
    The mad, dethroned king is back. He can see the stallion making his way towards the ice wall from his lofty perch. His dark eyes narrow, watching him approach with a limp, clearly incensed over something. The massive white and black stallion, Kratos, is the first to greet him. It is not long before lightning snakes from the hotheaded young stallion to strike Mountain. Though all had agreed not to kill the deposed king, he does not move to intervene. He can already see Errant arriving, calling a halt to the young stallion’s impulsive behavior.

Before long, Brennen arrives, providing a silent show of force against the madman. It is at that point Hurricane decides to add himself to the numbers. Though it would not take four men to remove the former king, he recognizes well the value of showing a united front. He strongly doubts he is the new king’s favorite, or even very much liked by him, but now that the decision has been made, he would stand behind him. He would always voice the hard truths as he sees them, it is his nature after all (and really, you’d be hard pressed find a better negotiator), but neither he is not blind to the new king’s virtues. Given the limited options, Errant had been among the better choices.

So, landing upon the frozen ground with a thump, he throws his metaphorical weight behind their new king. His hard gaze pins the injured stallion as he studies him, automatically cataloguing his numerous weaknesses. His pale wings remain flared, a show of aggression impossible to mistake.

Do you really wish to test your mettle against the lot of us?
    There is never a day that goes by
    that is a good day to die.
    Hurricane
    html c Insane

M

O

U

N

T

A

I

N

They have made a fatal mistake, I realize, as they gather and stare me down. They forget who it is they're dealing with. WHAT they're dealing with. My laugh may seem displaced, but isn't it always the way with gods? Is that not what I am? Did I not MARCH into this kingdom with Rapscallion and claim it as our own? Did I not take over when he failed so miserably? Had I not resurrected it from the putrid ashes left behind? And where were they, hmm?

I intend to speak my mind.

"You may try to kill me, but you forget that I am the king. I was made king by divine intervention, because this is my purpose." My words come quickly, paced evenly with my racing thoughts. I will tell them who they deal with. "I am a god amongst men. My purpose here it to rule and bring the Tundra to its full potential - which I already have. When I found this desolate wasteland there was no one. No one! And now look at the fruits of my labor. You can try to kill me all you want, banish me or whatever other petty attempt you have, but you forget who you're dealing with. I was PLACED here, and removing me will be quite hard."

The smile is slow, easy, on my face.

"Now, let's proceed into the kingdom. If you drop this ridiculous farce now I will spare you your lives."

The spotted titan does not move from his position as Errant goes to nip at the mad stallion's shoulder, the Tundra's king was far from needing any of their help if the truth was told - but that was beside the point. And when the king tells Mountain how lucky he is that he and Kratos were the first to find him, he struggles to keep the sheer amusement of the statement from tugging his black lips into a grin. In truth, the only luck that Mountain was granted when it came to Kratos was that Vanquish and Lyric had made sure their son knew the importance of respecting the elders of his bloodline and furthermore, his king. Otherwise Mountain would be, right now, just what Kratos had warned him that he could easily become - a smudge in the snow. 

His eyes never leave Mountain's frame even as he hears the tousling of feathers and feels the shift of wind on his back. The ground shakes softly beneath their hooves as the two Brothers make their descent into the mix of snow and mud, Kratos doesn't need to lay eyes on them to know who stands beside him. while Brennan remains silent in his vigil over his king and Brothers, it is Hurricane (isn't it always?) that steps forward to speak and Kratos flicks a single ear to catch the dappled stallion's words, "do you really wish to test your mettle against the lot of us?" No, of course he didnt. And it would never come to that anyway, at least not with Kratos' participation - while he was quick to draw blood he still kept in mind the values of combat his father taught him as a colt; a stallion who can't fight his own battle might as well grow teats and bear foals because he is no stallion at all, only a coward strikes a fallen opponent, and mercy does not equate to weakness (although he had never agreed with his father on that point).

A thin smile begins to lift his black lips up over his teeth as he listens to Mountain begin to blather on again. It was just as he had predicted it would be - madness knows no reason and reason would not be had here today. "...I will spare your lives," as soon as the threat (even as empty as it was, it was still a threat) leaves his spittle-covered lips, Kratos sends another pulse of lightning to rattle across his skin. Only this time (if it hits) it is heavier and the power more maliciously concentrated than before - still not enough to completely stop his heart but certainly enough to knock him off his feet and permanently mutilate whatever part of his body it struck first before spreading. The air around them crackled with the hum of electricity and he wouldn't be surprised if his Brothers weren't suddenly tasting metal in their mouths, but he doesn't turn to look to them, he keeps his eyes on Mountain and calls out to Errant, "say the words and I will seal his fate." 

Ooc- sorry wrote this from phone...will make pretty later