• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Tomorrow I will come back, leader of the whole pack. (Velis, any)

Mezanix
    So you can throw me to the wolves,
    Tomorrow I will come back,
    Leader of the whole pack.

Winter had come and gone in all but a haze. And all too soon, as the snow began to withdraw to the far reaches of the north, her child was born. During the night just as the snow had let the ground breathe again was he born. Her birth was quick, surprisingly considering it was her first, but she soon found it was not without its faults. Her child could not see from his right eye. Mezanix was not put off by his defect, but it did cause some difficulty in their traveling. 

Dusk was falling over the pair now, and Mezanix's muzzle trailed over Zythan, waking him from his sleep. It was time to move. "Come little one" She spoke softly to him, only a tone he'd ever hear. The little black colt rose quickly to his long legs, practically plastering himself against Mezanix's left side as they made their way through the trees. She was an uneasy mare, she did not trust others -hence the solitary living- and she did not like staying in an area for too long.

They moved easily through the night, Mezanix leading the way through the darkness that Zythan was yet to learn to see in. It was an art, finding ones way through the pitch black, and it required more than just sight. Scent, sounds and feeling the way vibrations rippled back at one as powerful pillars struck the earth were all a play in finding ones way, and it was an art Mezanix had conquered. Her dark spheres would drift back and forth from Zythan to the forest, making sure her newborn was safe, making sure he did not lack behind. For such a little child, he was able to keep up with her without a problem, his legs propelling him forth to match her pace. Mezanix would not go too fast though, in fear she might lose her firstborn.

Beat me black and blue,
    Every wound will shape me,
    Every scar will build my throne.

@[velis]

I would be lying if I had accepted the loneliness that loomed over me; there was an apparent excitement over my humor when I felt her company was near. I could see the brisk beams of dusk corroding into a grayish shade; soon to succumb to the total blackness of night. My eyes, my dark black eyes were released to the corners at which her divine shadow would develop. 

I  was well-versed in reacquainting her blackly envelopment, but I could never attain the patience to wait; and she knew this well. My limbs swelled as I descended deeper into her obscurity; ashen cracked claws carelessly blaring at the ground. I wanted her to take me now; I felt the blackness; but what I had expected to satisfy me – did not. My night precariously teased me.

My movement plodded into a creeping tread as my eyes engrossed her every detail. It was hard to think she was escaping me so soon. In my blackened wanderlust - I understood a few throbbing sounds were approaching; it was sweetly defiant in its unhurried pace. Oiled black lips curled in concern as my awe groped the movement. It was not her.

It certainly was a darkly sight caped by my beloved. At first; I thought the strange figure to have branches of legs, even observed how it could move with the conflicting orchestration of its limbs. This was a short lived curiosity as a much smaller black figure departed the blackly mass. It was so small. Delicate.

She annoyingly thrusted my sight; the blackness dripped right from my wetted gaze, gravitating with its sluggish blight. The stream of rot rolled into my nasals, arranging along the contours of my tongue through breaches of my mouth’s ceiling. A menacing grin sealed along my chapped gray lips as the decay baked. I tapped my nails, dragging my giant shadow along the direction of the blackish pair. Itching eyes were cared by the waxen flaw along the larger creature’s face. I was stuck on it. The bright defect was immune to the ominous touch of her. It should pain my embellished pupils, but there it was, so carefully etched down to the object's lips. Life, I could see the life that deserted the prettied lips.

I was stuck, I was so engrossed with thought as I watched them move - and breathe and move. Their movements required more breathing. I had the same parts and as if they functioned the same - my observations forced my advocacy to push the air from my lungs. It rumbled deep inside, piercing apart my once sealed lips. The air escaped with the putrid mark of my existence - yet its chemical makeup remained unchanged.

V E | I S

If you see a light at the end – it’s just the sun in your eyes.

Mezanix
    All my friends are heathens, take it slow,
    Wait for them to ask you who you know.

She could sense him, it, before she saw or heard him. The thick scent lacing her nostrils and lungs. Her ears pinned to her cranium and she steered her little shadow away with her, making sure he did not leave her side. Her steps became harder, pounding the earth like drums, warning whatever was out there that she was stronger than they thought. Her size was usually what kept others at bay, this time she wasn't so sure. She snorted, nostrils flaring widely as she tried to find somewhere to steer Zythan to safety. Oh no, she was not scared for her own safety, she could defend herself against all the beasts of the night. Her life was one big nightmare. No. She feared for her partially blinded son. 

A breath. Mezanix reared up slightly as she came to an abrupt halt, Zythan all too driven into her movements to sense it before she did and instantly was at her side, still as anything, ears moving back and forth, neck arched, trying to spy whatever it was that had cause his dam to become so threatening. She snorted again and shook her head about, letting the tendrils of onyx hair cascade about her. She turned to where the breath had come from, black eyes drilling into the darkness, her stance was threatening, challenging even. Daring whoever was out there to come forth. 

"Come out. Now." She demanded. Despite being the tough mare she was, her voice was soft, so her challenge was not all that demeaning nor much a challenge. But she was more than a sweet voice. She glared through the shadows, searching the darkness for what she could not see. High and low her eyes traveled. Nothing. She heaved in frustration but quickly moved her head round to look to Zythan and there it was. There he was. Standing within the shadows, pelt as dark as her own, eyes unseen beneath either a sheet of hair, or perhaps even like her own. If she could have, she would have growled then, but instead she moved herself between the shadowed stranger and her son. 
    "What do you want?" She asked him, with a glare to her black eyes. How she even saw him to start with was a wonder, perhaps it was because she was trained to see through the shadows where others could not. It was plain her own blood had not seen the stranger, and Mezanix was almost sure no one else would have spotted him as easily as she had. 

Please don't make any sudden moves,
    You don't know the half of the abuse.

@[velis]

My awe over the two figures was bewitching; it exhibited something foreign to me – the interactions between those of my kind. My desire to belong was fleeting. I am a simple fool to curiosity.

My beloved continued to cloy with our time together, so limited – I was displeased and unnerved to give her notice. The lifeforms before me became quite active as I received a beckon to unravel from my night. I remained unmoved, I was not giving into my night’s play. I could assume now what would transpire, yet I accepted the consequences of my stubborn choice.

The littlest object bounded so closely; so close I would endear his warm, fleshly aura - yet another body pushed forth. I would imagine its warmth, but it was so cold. The figure moved too quickly for me to adore, it was disturbed and provided an obvious display with its mass and voice.  Its voice. So feminine and light – my ears slightly curved as they sipped in its succulent taste. I was often a wanderer in my own mind – yet I grasped her few words. My attention was astonishing,

”You found me.”

My chords aimed for more clarity through the thick strands that coiled around my tonsils,

“I could ask you the same, but I will let you think of it.”

The night frisked my mood possibly; I was normally more direct. Swarthy licked eyes were consumed by the female creature, her body pleased my night as it merged in her blackness, so charmingly, so pretty. The pretty black of her dark blackness. I could not fathom anything more perfect. My awe was deceitful as the moonlight feebly  gripped around my company’s curves; just enough to explore all over, attempting a step near – I easily gained more sight.

Do you know her? I attempted a quick glance at the dainty little child … what does she call you, the tune of my speech was quite low, and peculiarly clear as the blight remained calm deep with my corpse ” … you both?”

V E | I S

My life is full of longing, but for what I'll never know. I've been drawn into the fire as I reap what I sow..

Mezanix

He moved as one with the shadows. Where he moved the darkness followed, clinging to him so tightly as if he were a black hole. He she been in any other situation, perhaps she would have taken a kinder approach. Right now though, she feared for her son. For her delicate little bundle of life, that she alone had brought into the world. She barely knew the father, but his red eyes nor his pitch black coat laced in scars were not something she'd forget easily. Indeed, it had been but a quick encountering, desires on overdrive for both sides, a quick and easy courting on his behalf, and a foolish gesture from hers. But otherwise the father was nothing to her. Somewhere along her travels she had heard word of him. A king. That just sealed the deal that she would not find him, to let him see his son. He probably didn't care anyway, and Mezanix liked it better that way. Perhaps.

This black brute however, was different. The shadows laced him in their grip, caressing his muscular body as he moved closer. Too close. Mezanix snapped a hoof to the ground, stamping in warning towards him. She moved back, taking Zythan with her. She watched him, uneasily. Who was he. What did he want. What was he. He held no scent of equine, or living, for that matter. He moved as though he were one with the shadows, as if he were prowling like a predator, yet he spoke with words to attempt to confuse her.

Her. Who was her? What was her? Was there someone else that she had missed? She searched around quickly, black eyes flickering back and forth between the darkness and the brute. Nothing. Her eyes quickly rest upon her son, tucked safely by her side. He was silent as the two larger horses passed words, his gaze focused on the stallion, ears perked forth as curiosity crawled through his bones. Mezanix met the brute's gaze again with her own, and decided to ignore his last statement, or questions. Whatever he chose them to be. To her they were nonsense. 

"I'm passing through, traveling under the blanket the night gives us." She said, still uneasy about him, but she saw no other way out of this. If she moved off without a word she feared he may follow her, and by that point she would have lost sight of him. She preferred to see him instead, so she stayed. 

@[velis]

My eyes were reproachable with their bore over the creature. My consideration retired the observation; I had the female’s every blackly fraction etched into my mind; I would not forget something so fair.

I was enraptured by the view of this tiny boy – my physical correction had not yet complete as he was so far below me. My neck had only moved slightly downward, my skull drooped to allow my gaze; my gaze that was glassed with a tar-like sheen; at times it could appear white – but it was as black as the moment we stood in. The blackest. It eased; the black was calm in its introduction to the tiny boy, it felt instinctual; this thing was so vulnerable, quiet… naive. I had no desire to corrupt him; I felt that I so easily could; but his indirect attention was so endearing. It was so… new.

I had thought my mannerisms were in respect; yet the lady had thought otherwise with a piercing percussion to the ground. The sound was not bitter to my hearing and my reaction was quite delayed. I had only returned to the creature when it spoke. When it spoke, it did not release anything I had craved. I was simple. I did not esteem being evaded; especially when I had made the effort to come forth.

”I ask your name”.

The levels of my reverberation was unchanged; my humor did not reveal – I simply wore the mask of nothingness.

”I ask your name and what this small creature is.”

My pupils only exaggerated as they laid on the blacker form of the female; there was no brighter tone to grasp – my night exemplified my blackly allure.

”My night does not cover you…”

I could not resist my statement of words gurgling over my decay.

”If she protected you, she would not have brought you to me.”

I was ignorant to the timing of my phrase; but my night was deceiving this creature in her own grim entertainment. She wanted us all to immerse under her presence. She wanted me to discover this child with mother. A child. My eyes grasped the tiny object once more – it was young, alive; and growing. It was only a child.

My discovery was only apparent in the slight quiver of my face, only a spec of my mouth had cracked as my reaction weighted my jaw.

V E | I S

My life is full of longing, but for what I'll never know. I've been drawn into the fire as I reap what I sow..

Mezanix

Her dark pools watched his own as he spoke, curious as to why he chose to speak in riddles, putting aside the annoyance of it. She felt Zythan's muzzle brush against her side as he moved closer into her and suddenly it was just her and her child, the stranger not part of her thoughts. Her dark eyes fell upon the small cold and her gaze gentled and warmed as she nuzzled him back, playing with a lock of his small stubby mane as she did so. All too soon was their interaction broken when he spoke.

Mezanix's gaze turned back to the stallions and her gaze harded back to the unsure, un-trusting barrier she had over them before. She thought briefly over what she might say to the stallion. Should words escape her maw that may be wrong, she could end up in trouble. She was tall, yes, broad, muscular, all of what her bloodlines had made her, but he was too.
    "I go by the name, Mezanix." She paused, eyes drifting to her son and then back to the stallion. "And this is my child, my son, Zythan." She finished, feeling a little more at ease as he seemed to be pleased to have their names. However her stance changed when he claimed the night did not cover her. Unsure why but this angered her and her ears fell against her cranium before quickly moving back forth again.

"If the night does not cover me, then I should definitely not be here now. I can assure you, the night overs me and my son cover." She spoke passionately, but no emotion other than distrust shimmered in her black pools. Her mind was now full of memories from the past, of the lands she had once called home, of the family she had once upon a time lived with. But then she was back in the now all over again, staring this mysterious black figure down.

Please don't make any sudden moves,
    You don't know the half of the abuse.

@[velis]

Velis was a product of time, his immortality was not kind. In view; his beastly allure was without grisly action. He was often consumed by thought as the world around was all too familiar - there was nothing left to speculate. There were only simple concerns that brought about his wise existence – anything that reminded him of the night he so sweetly personified as his beloved. It was the night that appeased the fiend that flowed so cruelly inside. But, the night’s influence was not always dependable; ‘she’ often deceived him by letting the poison take over…

The woman was unnerved; my attempts to communicate were suspended at the creature’s own accord. The potency of my patience withered at a more pressing rate as the blackness inside crushed against the inner walls of my body. I could not feel; but it weighted me – it prospered in the absence of her shadowed affection. The deathly hollows of my every corner filled; my thoughts startled as the curdled spoil of blackness rose.

My once clever awe was botched as the blackness seeped; and without a foreboding strain – it poured. I saw the unsettled dove clasp her wing of a neck to the helplessly naive child. I was lost in my blackness; the sight of attachment was faintly depicted as I fell under the spell of blackness; everything turned into her.

Mez, I was enlightened by the sound of her arresting voice; M-e-z-a-n-i-x,, it was a beautifully sharp ring in my mind, playing it until it soundly rested in my memory. Mezanix spoke of her child, her son. My wet black gaze surfaced from the once cemented blight; my awe releived as the blackly debris crumbled down the gnawed exterior of my cheek. I grasped him, I held Zythan in view. She made Zythan, I was not astounded by his feeble posture.

My presence was conservative; my being alone dominated the pair; releasing a darker shadow that encased them so tightly. But, that was not enough./ I have covered you. /

My limbs cracked from their idle state as my corpse immersed itself so abruptly between the pair. It was suddenly odd; but nothing that I do could be easily understood.

/ Do you feel sound knowing this? /

Placed so closely to her, my lips slapped a tune – and it fell into a foul whisper that was sugared with a dark sweetness. As I passed the woan, my lips shared its ripe plaster along her edges; during her darkest swarm – my night clasped us. I prowled under her cover, rounding Zythan – my skull pressed him out of his latched habit. I could not condemn his desire to stay, his mother’s flesh was bitterly comforting. The touch I had endowed onto the child was rather kind; my intentions were not soured with a grim feat– I wanted to see him move. It wreaked of life, warm carbonated life. / Mezanix…/ my eyes did not acknowledge her like my voice, Lady Mexanix, it does not appear you have kept him from everything in the night. /

Sincerity was bleak from my battered swansong; my true concern corroded with the air that sank in my throat. I was often portrayed a monster. I looked to the little boy with the instant I had him away from his mother, would he see horror?

V E | I S