• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Tomorrow I will come back, leader of the whole pack. (Velis, any)

Mezanix
    So you can throw me to the wolves,
    Tomorrow I will come back,
    Leader of the whole pack.

Winter had come and gone in all but a haze. And all too soon, as the snow began to withdraw to the far reaches of the north, her child was born. During the night just as the snow had let the ground breathe again was he born. Her birth was quick, surprisingly considering it was her first, but she soon found it was not without its faults. Her child could not see from his right eye. Mezanix was not put off by his defect, but it did cause some difficulty in their traveling. 

Dusk was falling over the pair now, and Mezanix's muzzle trailed over Zythan, waking him from his sleep. It was time to move. "Come little one" She spoke softly to him, only a tone he'd ever hear. The little black colt rose quickly to his long legs, practically plastering himself against Mezanix's left side as they made their way through the trees. She was an uneasy mare, she did not trust others -hence the solitary living- and she did not like staying in an area for too long.

They moved easily through the night, Mezanix leading the way through the darkness that Zythan was yet to learn to see in. It was an art, finding ones way through the pitch black, and it required more than just sight. Scent, sounds and feeling the way vibrations rippled back at one as powerful pillars struck the earth were all a play in finding ones way, and it was an art Mezanix had conquered. Her dark spheres would drift back and forth from Zythan to the forest, making sure her newborn was safe, making sure he did not lack behind. For such a little child, he was able to keep up with her without a problem, his legs propelling him forth to match her pace. Mezanix would not go too fast though, in fear she might lose her firstborn.

Beat me black and blue,
    Every wound will shape me,
    Every scar will build my throne.

@[velis]

Messages In This Thread
    Tomorrow I will come back, leader of the whole pack. (Velis, any) - by Mezanix - 08-05-2016, 08:40 PM