• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Castaway Guardian

we carry these things inside that no one else can see
    they hold us down like anchors; they drown us out at sea

Over time, Magnus had learned that the offer to visit a kingdom before making a decision was rarely turned down. To him, it simply made sense. Recruiters could say all the pretty words in the world (and while he did his best to be honest in his language, he knew he spoke of the Gates through his own lens), but until you saw the land for yourself, it would be impossible to know whether or not it suited you. It took feeling it in your heart before you could adopt a land and make it your home.So he’s glad when Akkadian accepts the proposal, pleased that he too sees the logic in it. He doesn’t say anything more though, instead just nodding toward the other stallion in silent agreement before glancing to the mare.

There was a charge in the air that had not been there before—an unspoken energy that seemed to radiate from the stallion as he began to speak of his name. Magnus had never given much thought to his own. His mother had once told him it meant “Great” and that it was the name of kings—but that he been when he was a young and arrogant jungle prince. Back when the word “great” was something to strive for and not a word to be crippled by. It was something to aspire toward and not just another burden to bear.

He did not pay it much mind now, although he knew the power in names.

Instead he listens politely, gaze smoldering quietly beneath the tangled ink of his lock as he waited for him to unveil his title. When he did, Magnus simply nodded once more. “Akkadian-Shakkad,” he repeated slowly, taking his time with the syllables—doing his best to parrot his companion in the foreign tongue. “Forgive me if it takes a few tries for me to get it right.” One corner of his mouth lifted into a smile, “I’ll do my best.” Taking a step back, he looked at them both. “If you would like, I can show you to the Gates now—or I can meet you there after you have visited the Tundra. The choice is yours.”

magnus

[ooc] feel free to post in the gates next! <3
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]