• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Castaway Guardian

you and I both know that the house is haunted
    and you and I both know that the ghost is me

The Field was a melting pot of souls—blending together (some better than others) and then pulling apart. It was a dance of newcomers, recruiters, kingdoms, herds, and even olds souls simply looking for a second wind in their life. It was invigorating to Magnus; he loved the politics of it, the potential of it, the infinite possibilities playing out all around him. Even in situations as tense and alien as this.

Growing quiet, he took more time to study the stallion, noting the discomfort, the unease and wondering if he was indeed a foreigner to Beqanna. It was not unheard of, but it was rare. Usually, Magnus was dealing with the children of Beqanna legacy, their blood tied to decades of generations here. He did not often have to explain the rituals of Beqanna, although he did not mind. It was simply a new experience.

Magnus himself was born of Beqanna and, in his time, had been a Prince of two separate kingdoms. His father, the temperamental panther-King of the Chamber, and his mother the even feistier jaguar-Queen of the Amazons. He had lived most of his youth amongst the vines of the jungle surrounded by the warrior-women (the beginning of his love affair and respect for the female gender) before serving in the Chamber, eventually rising to Lord. But neither kingdom of his birthright had been where he had planted his roots. Instead, he had followed his heart to Heaven—a kingdom that none would have guessed for him.

He fell in love with the Princess, serving as her General and then eventually as King.

But that was neither here nor there. Magnus did not often bring up his own history in the meadow and instead he simply smiled gently at the mare. “It is a pleasure to meet you, Josie.” She bore no distinct scent and had not yet given any indication of her home, so he had no way of knowing for what purpose she was here (perhaps she was looking to grow a herd, perhaps she was a sister of the Amazons). Regardless, he relaxed; even warring kingdoms could put aside their differences in the Field. Usually.

Nodding at her explanation, he glanced toward the newcomer. “She is correct in that. The Field is a place for those looking for a place to call home.” He paused, weighing his words, and then decided to expand on the explanation slightly. “For most, that is split into two options: herds and kingdoms. I myself come from a kingdom. It can simply be a place to rest or an opportunity to join our castes and rise in ranks. The choice is ultimately yours.” Worried that he was perhaps overwhelming the stallion, he offered one more thing before falling quiet. “I would be happy to help if you have any further questions on the matter.”

MAGNUS

once general. once lord. once king.

© robert bejil photography
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Castaway Guardian - by Akkadian - 08-06-2016, 07:39 PM
    RE: Castaway Guardian - by Josie - 08-06-2016, 07:55 PM
    RE: Castaway Guardian - by magnus - 08-06-2016, 09:34 PM
    RE: Castaway Guardian - by Akkadian - 08-07-2016, 02:12 PM
    RE: Castaway Guardian - by Josie - 08-07-2016, 03:21 PM
    RE: Castaway Guardian - by magnus - 08-07-2016, 06:21 PM
    RE: Castaway Guardian - by Akkadian - 08-07-2016, 08:43 PM